fully updated, repo /testing enabled

2 Likes

Seems all is working here.

Looks like we finally reached island of stability :smiley:

OMLx 3.02 development release build 742 - 30 Dec 2016

1 Like

OMLx 3.02 development release build 775 - 12 Jan 2017

1 Like

Can be updated from build 760 or I must download the full ISO again?

You don’t have to reibstall your system each time - just run # urpmi --auto-update to get the latest release.

Is it from your direct experience?

For example, I just tested the build 775 and the configured repositories are those for LX3 (not cooker) therefore @Zeffanyx is right (in theory…)

I delayed the comment, mostly waiting for a reply from devs. Which surely would be the most appropriate and enlightening.

@Sirius was referring to 760 as base.

What should be taken into account is that afaik these development ISOs are picking up packages also from repo /testing.
In my opinion this means that there may be some conflicts/inconsistency while updating the installed system by urpmi --auto-update.
Guess it may depend on what currently (= at the time of update) has already reached official repositories from repo /testing.

@TPG @bero ?

Is it from your direct experience?

Surely it is. I never had my system reinstalled ever since I installed OM 2013.0. When a new major version arrived, I manually changed main and contrib repositories to match the new release and then did # urpmi --auto-update --no-download in command line.

OMLx 3.02 development release build 785 - 18 Jan 2017

I’ll try to update from 760. I guess it’s enough to activate the testing repo, but it seems risky to me to do that.

From @TPG in cooker ML:

I’ve just update Plasma to 5.9.0 version.

More details on this release can be found here
https://kde.org/announcements/plasma/5/5.9.0/

On my system If I install Plasma 5.9 then task manager is borked:

Error loading QML file: file:///usr/share/plasma/plasmoids/org.kde.plasma.taskmanager/contents/ui/main.qml:338:5: Type ToolTipDelegate unavailable
file:///usr/share/plasma/plasmoids/org.kde.plasma.taskmanager/contents/ui/ToolTipDelegate.qml:23:1: module “QtQuick” version 2.7 is not installed

Late edit: Probably because of this “Unfortunately it looks like it needs Qt 5.7 or newer version, and 3.0 tree does have only 5.6.2 version.”.