just pretended to be a "stupid" user looking around the 4.0 image (in live mode so far), there's a few things I think we may want to change:
* In the favorites on the left side of the K menu, there's a good chance people will have no idea what "Falkon" is - so they may go looking for a browser with little success. Maybe we should just change the desktop file to say "Name=Falkon Browser" or something similarly obvious? Or maybe patch the favorites bar to display the GenericName rather than the Name for the tooltip?
* In the menu, we have Education > Math and Education > Science -- this is good, but they both contain the exact same things. That makes it a little weird...
* Internet in the K menu is rather cluttered with things 99% of people will neither use nor understand and stuff most people will use only once. "Contact Print Theme Editor", "Contact Theme Editor", "KDE IM Log Viewer", "KMail Header Theme Editor", "KTnef", "lftp", "PIM Setting Exporter", "Sieve Editor" should probably all move to a submenu (maybe kget as well, given most people will use it indirectly?), and maybe KRDC and Krfb need a better description (again switch to GenericName?)
* Konverstation is there and kvirc isn't, when most people I've talked to prefer kvirc - should we switch?
* Office menu -> similar to Internet, too many not generally useful things like "Contact Print THeme Editor", "Contact Theme Editor", "KMail Header Theme Editor", "KTnef", "PIM Setting Exporter", "Sieve Editor"
* Settings -> dnfdragora and dnfdragora-updater in Settings? Wouldn't they fit better in Utilities?
* Lost & Found -- probably shouldn't be there unless people install stuff with bad desktop files -- the USB formatter that's there needs the desktop file fixed
Any thoughts on this? Should I fix them, or do people have objections?