Congrats on the new Plasma rolling release

This standard recommendation applies to all versions of OpenMandriva Lx. Current versions are:

• Cooker (development branch for people that like dealing with problems.)
  • ROME the new rolling release of OMLx (best choice for most users)
  • Rock the release for servers and folks that do not like much change (infrequent updates)

Do not use dnfdragora or Discover to upgrade your system. To be safe and thorough use this in Konsole (terminal):

$ sudo dnf --refresh dsync

For a better GUI package manager use DnfDrake. DnfDrake is available for install in the OM-Welcome module. You may find other useful items in the OM-Control Center module.

Yea Discover along with KGet and KTorrent go shortly after any OS install. As for doing updates I only use the GUI to see whats there and aways do the actual update through terminal. Much less chance of something breaking. Thanks for pointing me at DnfDrake, I’ll have a look.

Hey if my post in the one nVidia driver thread was a bit harsh it wasn’t meant to be. It’s just that I ran across a issue that most Linux OS’s that had it fixed it, and that would be using rootactions to take ownership of secondary partitions without messing up the same ownership in other OS’s. I booted in to OM and mounted my data partitions and drives to folders I created in /mnt/ after rightclicking in /mnt/ and giving active user ownership using rootactions. I go into Garuda and Arch and suddenly various items mounted the same way I have to take ownership of again. This is a issue with something being off with base permissions in the last OS that was added. In this case OM. I know cause Garuda made the same mistake awhile back and has since addressed it.

Now as for the nVidia proprietary drivers I get people not wanting to use them, but the OS should not have to have any files much less the kernel rolled back to work correctly with them.

That said there is also the fact that even with the 3 additional repositories I still had to add a separate repos for both Chrome and Brave, and will have to hunt down how to install vivaldi and other apps I use cause they’re not in the repos I added like appimagelauncher is missing. I hate to say it but OM is proving to be a pain to get up and running to my liking including apps that should run with out issue like Deluge.

Don’t worry you did nothing wrong.

Actually the nvidia topic is talked about since longtime, and recently subject of more wide and intensive discussion.

On one side we promote free and open source software and as consistent and by belief there are just maybe a couple of contributors running nvidia drivers, mostly in a secondary piece of hardware and/or for testing purpose.

On the other hand we do understand that to install the nvidia drivers looks like one of the most common desire/need. Thus we are working more today than yesterday to provide the best possible experience to current and future users.

OpenMandriva is designed to be a Community Linux distribution. It has no employees and consists of a small group of all volunteer, unpaid, part-time, developers and other contributors.
It means that something may take longer to get it done than we want it to.

1 Like

Thanks for the info and letting me know my post is ok. That said happy to report nVidia drivers installed without issue even without rolling back the kernel. Now as for Deluge this is what I get in Konsole.

[locutus@Unimatrix-Zero ~]$ deluge
Gtk-Message: 06:10:38.864: Failed to load module "xapp-gtk3-module"
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/bin/deluge", line 33, in <module>
    sys.exit(load_entry_point('deluge==2.1.1', 'gui_scripts', 'deluge')())
             ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
  File "/usr/lib/python3.11/site-packages/deluge/ui/ui_entry.py", line 140, in start_ui
    ui.start()
  File "/usr/lib/python3.11/site-packages/deluge/ui/gtk3/__init__.py", line 45, in start
    from .gtkui import GtkUI
  File "/usr/lib/python3.11/site-packages/deluge/ui/gtk3/gtkui.py", line 24, in <module>
    from twisted.internet import defer, gtk3reactor
  File "/usr/lib/python3.11/site-packages/twisted/internet/gtk3reactor.py", line 22, in <module>
    from twisted.internet import gireactor
  File "/usr/lib/python3.11/site-packages/twisted/internet/gireactor.py", line 24, in <module>
    import gi.pygtkcompat  # type: ignore[import]
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
  File "/usr/lib64/python3.11/site-packages/gi/pygtkcompat.py", line 9, in <module>
    from pygtkcompat import (enable,
ModuleNotFoundError: No module named 'pygtkcompat

No pb.

Feedback is very useful too. Thanks.

It would be helpful for other users if separate topics were posted separately. Otherwise other user won’t be able to find an existing issue.

This particular issue should get a bug report.

General user info: If you or any users believes there is a bug please report those here. You or any user may also talk directly to OpenMandriva developers and other contributors at OpenMandriva Chat.
There is information and tutorials in the English forum Resources section and in OM Wiki. As a Community distribution of Linux we depend on community members to help solve issues and make things better in OMLx.
OpenMandriva consists of a small group of all volunteer, unpaid, part-time, developers and other contributors. There are no employees.

1 Like

How to submit bug report to Github Issues