Set course for 3.03 release

See here.

1 Like

I did some editing of wiki pages. :fearful:

1. Release Notes - just updated version numbers and url’s. But please check and inform here or correct any error I may have made.

2. 3.03 New - created from 3.02 New and updated version numbers and url’s. But please check and inform here or correct any error I may have made.

3. 3.03 Errata - created from 3.02 Errata. :worried: Now this page should be read and checked by developers especially @bero, @Colin, @fedya and @TPG. Please Y’all do check and correct this page. And do we need to add anything to Errata page for Lx 3.03 release?

This should get the wiki pages very close to ready for prime time.

1 Like

Thanks Ben.
I did some more editing too.

Postedit:
what screenshots would you all like to show in Overview (example) ?

Also fcitx could be fixed, if possible,

Perhaps in order to get a few more people testing we can move the discussion here:

https://forum3.openmandriva.org/t/omlx-3-03-beta-isos-produced-for-hard-testing/1426

Most forum users can’t post on the Cooker list.

2 Likes

You can do it by yourself :slight_smile: Anyways added requires.

1 Like

I suspect fcitx has any effects at all. I can’t change keyboard layout with it :frowning:

Testen in live mode with ISO 1443.

I saw it again but only the first time I used it

Testen in live mode with ISO 1443.

Does someone know how to obtain a debug log from plymouth? I tried to add plymouth:debug on the kernel command line but then the log file /var/log/plymouth-debug.log was empty. :frowning:

Please see here
https://cgit.freedesktop.org/plymouth/tree/docs/development.txt#n78

1 Like

I tried to add plymouth.debug as a boot code but the log file /var/log/plymouth-debug.log is empty :/.

1 Like

I tried the latest ISO (1443) yesterday and was able to install it on my old PC without any problems.

Chris

1 Like

I still could not find any solution for now working Plasma Wayland.
When you choose Plasma Wayland it just boots to a empty session with black screen.
With some small changes i was able to run konsole inside Plasma Wayland, and it looks like something is crashing:

[live@localhost sddm]$ /usr/lib64/libexec/kf5/start_kdeinit_wrapper --kded +kcminit_startup
kdeinit5: Shutting down running client.                                                                                                              
kdeinit5: Got termination request (PID 8930).                                                                                                        
klauncher: Exiting on signal 15                                                                                                                      
libKF5KIOCore.so.5 was not found.                                                                                                                    
libKF5Parts.so.5 was not found.                                                                                                                      
libKF5Plasma.so.5 was not found.                                                                                                                     
kdeinit5: preparing to launch '/usr/lib64/libexec/kf5/klauncher'                                                                                     
kdeinit5: Launched KLauncher, pid = 9278, result = 0                                                                                                 
kdeinit5: opened connection to :1                                                                                                                    
kdeinit5: preparing to launch 'libkdeinit5_kded5'                                                                                                    
kdeinit5: Launched KDED, pid = 9280 result = 0                                                                                                       
kdeinit5: preparing to launch 'libkdeinit5_kcminit_startup'                                                                                          
kdeinit5: Launched 'kcminit_startup', pid = 9281 result = 0                                                                                          
kdeinit5: PID 9280 terminated.
kdeinit5: Got SETENV 'KDE_MULTIHEAD=false' from launcher.
kdeinit5: Got EXEC_NEW '/usr/bin/kaccess' from launcher.
kdeinit5: preparing to launch '/usr/bin/kaccess'
kdeinit5: Got SETENV 'XCURSOR_THEME=breeze_cursors' from launcher.
kdeinit5(9282) : KDE detected X Error: BadWindow (invalid Window parameter) 3
         Major opcode: 2
         Minor opcode: 0
         Resource id:  0x0
kdeinit5: Got SETENV 'GTK_RC_FILES=/etc/gtk/gtkrc:/home/live/.gtkrc:/home/live/.config/gtkrc' from launcher.
kdeinit5: Got SETENV 'GTK2_RC_FILES=/etc/gtk-2.0/gtkrc:/home/live/.gtkrc-2.0:/home/live/.gtkrc-2.0-kde4:/home/live/.config/gtkrc-2.0' from launcher.
kdeinit5: PID 9285 terminated.
kdeinit5: PID 9281 terminated.

I can’t find anything on this, and debug says nothing :frowning:

Are we going to have this 3.03 release or not ?
Again same situation which is getting very frustating.
Again no word form QA or anyone.

3.03 is working well here. I have no problem with releasing it soon.

Chris

Same as @christopher_tanner. Lx 3.03 installed (multiple times) and working well here. I see no reason not to release.

Problem is lack of organization of QA-Team. As far as I know @Colin is still head of QA and QA-Team.

While individuals on the team do things like testing packages and ISO’s the QA-Team doesn’t have any regular meetings or any form of regular communication. And I guess that is the fault of all of us on QA-Team (me included). So it’s kind of difficult for the QA-Team to have done anything about a release when as a team it doesn’t do anything.

@Colin, @christopher_tanner, @rugyada, perhaps a topic for discussion? Don’t know if I left anyone still active out, if I did I apologize.

For a release we probably will need some support from Infra and/or Workshop also?

See this. I talked to Colin and part or all of the problem is that only 2 people showed up for TC-meeting last week. For better or worse TC-meetings, which are supposed to be for the Technical Committee, also now a days function as QA-Team meeting as well. This is partly due to how few in numbers we in OMV/OMA are.

(Whether I like or not.) :smiling_imp:

The TC gave OmLx-3.03 a GO yesterday with the proviso that OM-Welcome was updated to reflect the current versions and the sorting of a minor bug.
The issue with plymouth not functioning properly is considered minot.
Kmail is broken (duplicate mails cause ther message bodies not to be displayed) but there appears nothing we can do about this as the problem appears to be upstream. Thuderbird has been recommended as an alternative in the Release Notes.

An updated gcc is in the pipeline but we cannot currently release with this because it cannot build kernel modules. Tested with dkms-virtualbox and nvidia-current but probably others are broken to.
It appears that the plugins are out of date.

QA testers please do not vote on this package in kahinah

1 Like