Set course for 3.03 release

Jetzt ist das Fernladen beendet und überprüft :laughing:

Kul :wink:

There have been some things transpire in the last 2 weeks that make me question this viewpoint. Needs to be rethought.

Edit: Removed some things I’m no longer sure I understand.

Finally i’ve found issue of broken Plasma on Wayland. With new qt5-qtwayland-5.8.0-2 Plasma works fine on Wayland.

1 Like

With latest ISO’s (1571 & 1572) I see so far 3 problems all are long standing problems:

1. Default window in VirtualBox is to small for Calamares installer. This currently in fact shows an error in Calamares “Screen is to small to display the installer”.
    a. Workaround in ‘Live’ is easy user can just use settings under ‘View’ to enlarge window.
    b. Workaround in ‘Install’ is more difficult but doable. User just uses Maximize/Minimize button in upper right corner of installer to do what is needed.
    https://issues.openmandriva.org/show_bug.cgi?id=2256

2. On wifi machines network manager applet icon in system tray is hard to see or invisible especially on notebook type of computers.
    https://issues.openmandriva.org/show_bug.cgi?id=2121

3. In VirtualBox setting time before ‘Live’ desktop starts does not work. For me time is always set to ‘London’. @ben79 is not sure if this is worth a bug report? :upside_down_face:

IMO none of these should be blockers for Lx 3.03 since we’ve been living with all 3 since forever. However it would seem that 2 and 3 would not be that difficult to fix. Easy for me to say since I’m not a developer… 1 has occupied a lot of our developers time and has not been at all easy to fix. But it is being worked on.

Edit: Regarding problem 3 I meant the time in VirtualBox with our ‘Live’ Iso’s. On hardware I typically get the correct time with our ISO’s. Apologies for my humongous error. :confounded:

1 Like

This show the current error in Calamares on our latest x86_64 ISO (1572):

Also note the time and date in host machine menu panel vs. time and date in VirtualBox menu panel. 6:50 PM 11/12/17 in host machine vs. 12:50 AM 11/13/17 in guest machine. So this shows that issue as well.

Related bug report: Issues · OpenMandrivaAssociation/distribution · GitHub

This is not a critical error, just a warning. User can continue installation.
I’ve filled an upstream bug, so devs can take a look if calamares does have and regression on fitting to screen size.

Here is the output of xwininfo from my fully updated installed LX3.0 vbox:

xwininfo: Please select the window about which you
would like information by clicking the
mouse in that window.

xwininfo: Window id: 0x2e00005 “OpenMandriva Lx Installer”
Absolute upper-left X: 6
Absolute upper-left Y: 31
Relative upper-left X: 6
Relative upper-left Y: 31
Width: 800
Height: 576
Depth: 24
Visual: 0x1b1
Visual Class: TrueColor
Border width: 0
Class: InputOutput
Colormap: 0x2e00004 (installed)
Bit Gravity State: NorthWestGravity
Window Gravity State: NorthWestGravity
Backing Store State: NotUseful
Save Under State: no
Map State: IsViewable
Override Redirect State: no
Corners: +6+31 --6+31 --6–7 +6–7
-geometry 800x576+0+0

Note that height is 576 so it is higher than 520 which is the window preferred (and minimum) height.

Postedit: resolution is at 800x600.

We did release 3.03 to the wild.
Congratulations to you all \o/

Time to set new goals.

2 Likes