Set course for 3.03 release

Adding xorg.blacklist=nouveau makes the switches between ttys and xorg working in a stable way: I started the laptop 6 times with success. I’m now able to use the suspend mode.
I wasn’t aware of this patch. Thanks.

Now I have to find a way to adjust the brightness of the screen. Till now, the only kernel that allows me to do that is this old one:
4.1.15-nrjQL-desktop-1omv
with those parameters:
i915.preliminary_hw_support=1 idle=nomwait
But they don’t seem to work with the last kernels.

And I have not found the way to make the touchpad working neither, but that’s another story.

I assume your laptop has dual graphics adapters. Blackcrack reported bumblebee working with his setup. He permanently blacklisted nouveau in /etc/modprobe.d but you need to keep the entry in grub2 rd,driver.blacklist. Als an alternative you can rebuild the initrd without the driver. It would be good if you filed bugs about the brightness and touchpad as well so we can at least try and fix them.

Looking for a volunteers to update 3.03 wiki pages.
https://wiki.openmandriva.org/en/3.03/Release_Notes
https://wiki.openmandriva.org/en/3.03/New
https://wiki.openmandriva.org/en/3.03

@jclvanier Can you please deliver some logs ? It is hard for anyone to prepare a REAL fix for this issue.

QA team TPG advises that KF5 updates are ready for testing.

3 Likes

Yes, KF5 5.38.0 packages are available in /testing repository.
I’m in a middle of updating Plasma to 5.10.5 version. Process should be finished till this friday :slight_smile:

2 Likes

So far KF5 stuff seems working OK. I’ve also update some Plasma 5.10.5. Only thing I notice is that @rugyada’s OpenMandriva icon has gone missing. :astonished:

Edit: This all in a fresh install of ISO 1403 fully updated on hardware and in VirtualBox! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Edit 2: Or am I wrong about the OpenMandriva icon?

1 Like

@ben79 Screenshot please :slight_smile: Well hard to guess about which icon and where it is, you are talking about.

BTW. Plasma 5.10.5 is updated and waiting for your testing.

Plasma 5.10.5 looks good here.

1 Like

Does Plasma Wayland works for you ?

Plasma Wayland doesn’t work here. I just got a black screen with a mouse pointer in the middle - nothing else.

@TPG as far as can tell I was wrong about the icon. Sorry about that. If I do see what I thought I saw with one of the newer ISO’s I’ll get a screen-shot and post it here.

I see that we have today 2 new ISO’s here.
They are 1419 and 1420. My question is what is the difference between them?

Version 1420 contains a fixed workaround I requested for restore compatibility with Easy2Boot:

https://forum3.openmandriva.org/t/iso-scan-filename-not-working/1212/35

Thanks. That isn’t something that will affect most users is it?

Edit: Or I mean we’re hoping it doesn’t affect most users?

IMHO that workaround may be dropped out however now is not the right timed because of the upcoming next release so the fix made by TGP is the best solution. The answer to your question is it could regardless I think it should not bring new problems because partition other than the first is rarely used by installation media, and Easy2Boot is an exception case. This change is only related to the install or live mode and theoretically may affect only install phase or live phase if the system can not detect the partition on with the SO is stored. So it should be tested before the next official release. Finally I guess this hack may be the cause why tools other than official, as such as tools UNetbootin, fail with omdv ISOs (but this point should be investigate more accurately).

Same here. Attempt to log in to Plasma Wayland gets black screen with mouse cursor.

FWIW: Installed ISO 1420 in VirtualBox. One thing I notice not working is Autologin. Even after updating and rebooting Autologin still does not work. Then I make sure and set Autologin in SystemSettings5, and that it is in fact set in ‘/etc/sddm.conf’. Still autologin not working. Wonder if this works with ISO 1419?

Let me know if we need a bug report on this.

OK @TPG, found it, this happened with ISO’s 1403 and 1419 in VirtualBox. First screen shot shows menu panel with default application launcher with OMV button or icon.

Then in second screen shot I have switched to the vastly better app launcher (think it’s called kickoff) that I prefer and omv button or icon disappears. I right click on it to select ‘Application Launcher Settings’ to go search for a replacement and I can’t find it anywhere in the ‘Select Icon’ window. Maybe I’m not looking in correct location? I look in ‘Applications’, ‘Places’, and ‘Other icons’.

Of course I’ll file a bug report it that is desired.

1 Like

So for the sake of description and identification can we call this the “Easy2Boot” or E2B fix? And note that ISO 1420 is the E2B ISO?

1 Like