OpenMandriva Lx 3.0 RC1 ISO candidate

“news! it does boot even on my toshiba, but takes a long time and I was mislead by the fact that there is no loading indicator… I thought it was stucked, you should use one!”

A quick note from @Colin to keep users and testers updated on current situation:

The current RC1 isos will not be the final RC1 isos. A fix has been discovered for crash when trying to install directly with the Calamares installer.
Please continue testing and reporting bugs if you have been able to install as applications should be OK.
There will be a notification when new isos have been prepared.

do you want a good new, in fact 2 good news

1. iso 586 works fine in 2 mode
2. calamares now works in install mode

https://issues.openmandriva.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1808

https://issues.openmandriva.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1736

1 Like

Good news indeed because you (testers + devs) have done a good job after having found a good way to communicate.
Congrats!

1 Like

@jojodu34: did you download the last isos easily?

Intallation from live mode, fine.
For some reason, the first time I saw my wifi network with NM, configuration went fine. The second time, the wifi network did not appear in NM list. Thus to unset it or for reconnecting to it I had to right click in NM applet and go to “configure your network” to see it back!

Isn’t it a problem (a KDE problem?)

@jclvanier
yes no problem with it

@adelson.oliveira yes I confirm that

a new user might be confused by this, I’ll file a bug with screenshot at the next installation

@jclvanier

about your msg “press any …” see 1814 – Grub and BTRFS error and repair

it’s for btrfs but it’s very similar with what you have

@jojodu34
do you know what fixed for you bug 1807 ?
I have 440 fully updated, also with /testing, but still no breeze in sddm themes

I think @jojodu34 don’t use lxqt iso, but plasma iso

yes exactly
@rugyada, sorry Cristina, I misunderstood, corrects if you want

Thanks for signaling. That worked for me too. That doesn’t seem to be related to a file system. We need other tests to change the title of the report.
I wonder why I didn’t receive the notification from bugzilla yet… But that’s another story.

bugzilla notifications doesn’t work very well, lot of lack of notifications and long delays

About sound configuration.
Two sound systems, one built in and another extra usb sound card. Usually, the system prefers the built in sound system. KDE allows the user (kmixer) to give preference to either available system but this choice seems not to work with OMV LX 3 RC1.
Pulseaudio also allows the user to change the sound system. For instance, videos in youtube begin using the built in sound system but, during reproduction one can change the sound system in pulseaudio/reproduction options. This works fine but any other application than youtube will try to use the built in and users have to change all of them, one by one, …

In summary, the best option, to change definitely the sound option with Kmixer does not works with OMV LX 3 RC1.