OM Lx 4.0 does not work with TV Monitor

Uh, now in the interest of full disclosure, I’ve done things like that to many times to count.

:flushed:

Any news about ?

1 Like

There has been no further work on this that I’m aware of.

Just for sake of clarity. My feeling is that the main problem comes up from Pulse configuration, that in OM LX 3.x catched Alsa Sorround devices and HDMI. Actually, by means of the Ben’s workaround, I can see Viedo both on PC and TV monitors (HDMI-1 device, the others don’t work properly), but the HDA Intel NVidia card see only the HDMI-2., so no sound is heard.

1 Like

At this time OM developers are primarily working on much more fundamental, core of the system, things. And believe it or not they are hard at work on this. The types of things they are currently working on are very time consuming and largely not visible to most users. See this thread of you want to know a bit more.

These issues are not going to be fixed unless and until a developer or 2 have time to work on this. And now there are 2 issues not one. This is just me speculating but I don’t see either issue getting any attention until after OM Lx 4.1 is released. The realities of a half dozen part time/volunteer developers.

2 Likes

Last news:
I succeeded into watch things on the TV monitor, and listening too. Simply, I unified exits, set the highest priority on the GF108 HD Audio Controller Digital stereo (HDMI-2 , but the really available one is HDM1: strange…). Hence, sound switched on TV (when activated) and no longer on PC. Even Audio surround 7.1 came up as available device, on PC. The only device no longer available was the simultaneous Sound on TV and PC, whereas that was the case on LX 3.x.
Very useful was the workaround by Ben.
Hopefully, everything will be set up on Lx 4.1. But, at least, I can watch an listen streaming on the large TV monitor !

2 Likes