“Linux doesn't have Photoshop”

Interesting post (note: I don’t know - yet? - Krita)

There is no clone, smudge, burn, dodge, blur or eraser tool, what a piece of trash, meh.

Ahh, just check the brush presets, Krita’s brush engine is so powerful that all of them can be shipped as brushes. By the way, that reminds me, how Adobe copied our Erase mode into Photoshop, lol.

1 Like

who needs photoshop Long Live "THE GIMP " ! and Inkscape :smiley:

2 Likes

What? What’s wrong with Corel Draw?

Linux doesn’t have Corel Draw

Edit: When I wrote the above I did not realize they are still very much in business. And apparently they don’t have time for Linux. Guess they never did. It was just a name I remembered from the Dark Ages.

Gmic too

1 Like

Only problem is in OM Lx 4.1/Rolling and Cooker:

Gimp crashes: Issues · OpenMandrivaAssociation/distribution · GitHub

@ben79
this version of GIMP might not be updated for the type of processor you’re using and running into memory address problems with a segmentation fault.
gimp uses a lot of memory just like inkscape. I use GIMP 2.8

The Gimp crash is fixed.

Thanks to @Colin for fixing.

1 Like

Though similar, I have never been comfortable with Gimp.

@ben79
what were the patches colin referred you to , and did you install a different version of python ?

No patches were referred to me and I had nothing to do with fixing this that was all @Colin (aka: itchka). The patches are here and here.

@bero did update Cooker and OM Lx 4.1/Rolling from python3.7 to python3.8. That is a big change. That would include a lot of different packages.

I don’t know if or how much the Gimp crash was related to python changes. Someone in developer group would need to tell us that.

Edit: The Gimp version in Rock/OM Lx 4.0 is 2.10.10.

1 Like

Thanks for the links

Being new 'round here, I hope I’m not necro-ing too badly. I think it’s great that OM Lx 4.1 comes with Krita installed. As for GIMP, I use it quite often (and never missed Photoshop, well except for adjustment layers, but oh well…). One of the first things I did upon installing OM was to install Flatpak. Then I installed GIMP. I know the Flatpak version isn’t compiled as optimally for my Ryzen system, and it will take longer to start up, but it works. Unless someone can give me a good reason to use the version from the repos, I’ll stick to the Flatpak GIMP.

Welcome @dave_leitz