GZDoom isn't installing, as well as other issues

Hello, I’ve been running ROME for about 2 days, been smitten by the project and wanted to keep the stability of the RPM infrastructure without having to rely on anything Red Hat (i also didn’t have the best experience with OpenSUSE so yeah). In these 2 days I’ve noticed that Trying to update normally isn’t good, first and foremost because it talks about conflicts between System repos and Rolling repos, so i’ve basically just trusted Distro Sync from dnfdrake after i searched on the forums a bit.

But aside this i noticed that Gzdoom, an Unsupported package (as in inside the unsupported repo) cannot install, had to make do with flatpak.

• OpenMandriva Lx version:
    ROME - Latest

• Desktop environment (KDE, LXQT…):
    KDE

• Description of the issue (screenshots if relevant):
    Gzdoom dependencies are eithe broken or the Gzdoom package is broken.
    Posted this issues also on github. And if it is at all important, the dnf update command talks about conflicts between repos, almost ended up uninstalling the packages in conflict but searched it up and learned of Distro-Sync.

• Relevant informations (hardware involved, software version, logs or output…):
    Here’s my log of the terminal for the GZdoom problem: Log
    And here is the log for the update problem: Log update
    Currently on a Samsung NP300E5M.

See this post.

1 Like

Welcome to OpenMandriva and our forum. This forum is for users of OpenMandriva Linux operating systems.

We are a small group. All the contributors and developers here are unpaid volunteers.

You are welcome to talk to our developers at OpenMandriva Chat.

The first thing when a new user has an issue is to look in the documentation for OMLx. OpenMandriva wiki and Forum Resources guide.

If you don’t find what you are looking for try an Internet search (googling). One can find out a lot from documentation or forum posts at other Linux distros. If user finds something written for another distro but you have some doubt ask at OpenMandriva Chat.

For serious technical issues and package/feature requests please file a bug report here.

1 Like

gzdoom should be fixed now with with gzdoom-4.10.0-2. Fixed by @bero.

Result:

It worked perfectly, thanks @bero !