Do Something :(

I removed m17n-db, ClamAV and ClamTK. Clamtk had a scheduled update.

Now processor usage is very low. But RAM usage is high. Urpmi-dispatch starts time to time even after killing the process.
I update the system after

rm -f /var/lib/rpm/__db*
rpm --rebuilddb

Had … Freeing mutex for process: … in the shell.

I don’t know what to say or do. I do know that I have never, ever seen urpmi-dispatche, urpmi-dispatche, or urpmi-dispatcher in System Monitor or top in OpenMandriva. I don’t even know what that is. When urpmi is running or the former software updater ran I only saw urpmi in Sys Monitor or top.

I don’t know for sure about Discover, just know that I regard Discover as close to useless. maybe that is what discover runs when it is looking for updates but I do have Discover and have never seen it.

And things like that that start up automatically without me telling them to bother me greatly. If I were you I would have done a fresh install some time ago. But my computers are set up to make installing rather easy and my data is stored on separate partitions, ie. not in / or /home but in partitions like /Data and so on.

Edit: I did test by opening Discover and seeing that it says “Checking for updates” and I do not have any such urpmi-dispatch* in Sys Monitor.

Edit2: If I run:

$ /usr/bin/perl /usr/share/PackageKit/helpers/urpmi/urpmi-dispatched-backend.pl get-updates none

in Sys Monitor urpmi only shows perl running.

1 Like

It is part of PackageKit. Here is the perl code :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:.

1. If you can please provide me the rpms for the urpmi-dispatche. I will try to reinstall them.
  2. I hate formatting. I need to install all the Applications again. And do the configurations. Is there a way to export current configuration of applications and export to new installation.
  3. When are you going to release the updates and iso for OM lx 3.03. If there are corrupt system then is the updates replace them.
  4. When are you going to introduce Self healing file systems to the OS?

Did you read the part where I ran:

/usr/bin/perl /usr/share/PackageKit/helpers/urpmi/urpmi-dispatched-backend.pl get-updates none

I know about all that now (thanks JCL). I’m not talking about a file ‘urpmi-dispatched-backend.pl’ not what I’m talking about. I am talking about a process OP shows in original post in System Monitor clearly called urpmi-dispatche. I have no clue what that is, I’ve never seen any such process running ever. What caused ‘urpmi-dispatched-backend.pl’ to run a process called ‘urpmi-dispatche’ on his machine but never on any of my computers? And I’ve been using Mandriva long enough to remember when some 3rd rate comedian made them change the name from Mandrake. That doesn’t mean I know it all, clearly I don’t because I have no clue WTF urpmi-dispatche is.

I’m kind of exercised over this issue simply because it involves a process I’ve never seen or heard of. Making feel old and stupid… :confounded:

Since I don’t even know what ‘urpmi-dispatche’ is I also wouldn’t have a clue what rpm provides it.

Yes.

No.

fsck is run on partitions already when you boot. Fixing a file system isn’t same thing as fixing a corrupted system.

Try google : “urpmi-dispatche” , “urpmi dispatche”

https://forums.mageia.org/en/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=3822

I have googled it and nothing comes up. Please note that as far as top or System Monitor are concerened ‘urpmi’, ‘urpmi dispatcher’ neither are the same thing as ‘urpmi-dispatche’ that hyphen makes a world of difference regarding system processes. I still have never seen or seen run anything like ‘urpmi-dispatch*’.

In the Mageia article they are talking about PackageKit and they tell the guy how to remove it. If you actually believe that is related to your problem follow the instructions in that thread and remove PackageKit with ‘rpm -e --nodeps’. PackageKit isn’t any great loss anyway. You might also consider removing ‘discover-backend-packagekit’ as well.

1 Like

root@pujitha-pc ~]# rpm -qa | grep packagekit
lib64packagekit-glib2_18-1.1.1-1-omv2015.0.x86_64
packagekit-1.1.1-1-omv2015.0.x86_64
lib64packagekitqt5_0-0.9.6-1-omv2015.0.x86_64
discover-backend-packagekit-5.10.5-1-omv2015.0.x86_64
[root@pujitha-pc ~]#

Still available.

[root@pujitha-pc ~]# rpm -qa | grep packagekit
lib64packagekitqt5_0-0.9.6-1-omv2015.0.x86_64
[root@pujitha-pc ~]#

[root@pujitha-pc ~]# urpme --auto-orphans