Do Something :(

That installs rpm-build, it does not have anything to do with urpmi. You need to find where urpmi-dispatche comes from and remove it.

Edit: And Mandian’s suggestion above is an excellent way to find it.

Maybe you have a corrupted system (this is with all repos enabled):

$ rpm -q --whatprovides urpmi-dispatche
no package provides urpmi-dispatche

$ rpm -q --whatprovides urpmi-dispatch
no package provides urpmi-dispatch

$ rpm -q --whatprovides urpmi-dispatcher
no package provides urpmi-dispatcher

Now I’m very concerned. This package does not appear to come from OpenMandriva at all. You seriously need to get it removed for your system to work properly.

Edit:

$ rpm -qf $(which urpmi-dispatche)
which: no urpmi-dispatche in (/usr/lib64/qt5/bin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/bin:/bin:/usr/X11R6/bin:/usr/games:/usr/local/games:/home/ben79/.local/bin:/home/ben79/bin)
rpm: no arguments given for query

The above command works only if urpmi-dispatche is installed in your system. I am curious because I don’t know what package provides for it.

You may look in /var/log/rpmpkgs for any packages that aren’t ‘omv2015.0’ packages especially any that begin with urpmi and aren’t ‘omv2015.0’. Have you installed any 3rd party applications? Do you know the standard warning for all Linux distros “Installing 3rd party applications should be approached with caution as this can break your system”? You are an IT Professional so you obviously do know that right?

Also when the run away process is active you might investigate ‘journalctl’ and see if that provides any information.

1 Like

[dimuthu@pujitha-pc ~]$ su - root
Password:
[root@pujitha-pc ~]# rpm -qf $(which urpmi-dispatche)
which: no urpmi-dispatche in (/sbin:/usr/sbin:/bin:/usr/bin:/usr/X11R6/bin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/sbin)
[root@pujitha-pc ~]# rpm -q --whatprovides urpmi-dispatche
no package provides urpmi-dispatche
[root@pujitha-pc ~]# rpm -q --whatprovides urpmi-dispatch
no package provides urpmi-dispatch
[root@pujitha-pc ~]# rpm -q --whatprovides urpmi-dispatcher
no package provides urpmi-dispatcher
[root@pujitha-pc ~]# rpm -qf $(which urpmi-dispatche)
which: no urpmi-dispatche in (/sbin:/usr/sbin:/bin:/usr/bin:/usr/X11R6/bin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/sbin)
[root@pujitha-pc ~]#

rpmpkgs.txt (139.2 KB)

Often, the command line of a process isn’t displayed entirely.
Here urpmi-dispatche doesn’t exist but you can do this when launching discover:

[root@jcl-B913 ~]# ps -Alf | grep urpmi
0 R root 4054 3946 86 80 0 - 51545 - 17:56 ? 00:00:14 /usr/bin/perl /usr/share/PackageKit/helpers/urpmi/urpmi-dispatched-backend.pl get-updates none

Beside that, though it doesn’t work properly (1), discover takes all the resources of one cpu for a few tens of seconds.

I tested on vbox with OMLx 3 whose last updates were made one month ago.

(1) EDIT: I mean, it say there are 109 updates available but it shows nothing and I cannot install the updates with it.

1 Like

[root@pujitha-pc ~]# ps -Alf | grep urpmi
0 S root 13689 13658 0 80 0 - 23958 pipe_w 21:44 pts/1 00:00:00 grep --color urpmi
[root@pujitha-pc ~]#

The do if you move the columns to the right which pujithadimuthu appears to have done.

I’m out of things to do or suggest other than a fresh install. I’m of the opinion that pujithadimuthu’s system is corrupted and urpmi-dispatche or what ever provides it must be removed or the problems will at best continue and possibly get worse.

As @jclvanier says it may be the urpmi-dispatche isn’t correct or complete name. If so it sure would be good to know what it is…

Is there a way to stop executing urpmi-dispatche as a schedule task ?

Of course there is, what did you do to schedule it? Undo that, remove it in fact. And you must have done something because no one else has anything like that. urpmi-dispatche is not part of a normal OMV system. If you didn’t do it then you do have a corrupted system.

Edit: And remedy for a corrupted system is to wipe it and reinstall unless you can locate the offending files and remove them.

Password:
[root@pujitha-pc ~]# crontab -l
[root@pujitha-pc ~]#

As said before, it is urpmi-dispatched-backend.pl
But it is not necessarily the culprit. When I launch:

/usr/bin/perl /usr/share/PackageKit/helpers/urpmi/urpmi-dispatched-backend.pl get-updates none

the list of the packages to be updated is displayed very quickly. However, I have to CTL C to return to the prompt.

OK, I stand corrected. Then something is causing this to run every time he starts his system. What ever that is needs to be removed as it is not normal behavior. But he has to do it, no one can fix his system for him. Or he needs to do a fresh install.

I think i knows.

m17n-db
I will try to remove it and see. Doing tests on it (Bug Report)

All right, hope you are on to something. And if it is that it certainly would be a bug.

Removed m17n-db now pc does not Stuck. I will send details on Wednesday.

Password:
[root@pujitha-pc ~]# urpme m17n-db
BDB2053 Freeing read locks for locker 0xd96: 7437/139952233338688
BDB2017 Freeing mutex for process: 7437/0
To satisfy dependencies, the following 2 packages will be removed (5MB):
fcitx-m17n-0.2.3-2-omv2015.0.x86_64
(due to missing m17n-db)
m17n-db-1.6.4-9-omv2015.0.noarch
Remove 2 packages? (y/N) y
removing fcitx-m17n-0.2.3-2-omv2015.0.x86_64 m17n-db-1.6.4-9-omv2015.0.noarch
removing package fcitx-m17n-0.2.3-2.x86_64
1/2: removing fcitx-m17n-0.2.3-2.x86_64
################################################################################
removing package m17n-db-1.6.4-9.noarch
2/2: removing m17n-db-1.6.4-9.noarch
################################################################################
[root@pujitha-pc ~]# urpme --auto-orphans
writing /var/lib/rpm/installed-through-deps.list
No orphans to remove
[root@pujitha-pc ~]#

This means the rpm databased is corrupted. You may rebuild it with

rm -f /var/lib/rpm/__db*
rpm --rebuilddb

pujithadimuthu all right! Good work on this. So someone needs to test whether this continues to be a problem after updating rpm database? If so then someone needs to file a bug report so package can ge repaired and rebuilt.