Wouldn't it be easyer and also make sense .... general suggestion

Thank you, that was a very insightful post.

dnf downgrade does this. In a lot of instances user will need to manually download the older package/s. Post here and we can help with that.

But that doesn’t really help if the system isn’t bootable or no graphics or the user simply doesn’t know which specific package broke something. I think having something like Snapper or Timeshift out of the box would be very helpful.

My official response is using GUI package managers for OM is a waste of effort. It easy and fast to use dnf commands from Konsole (terminal). People who do this usually have far fewer issues. Among the GUI managers dnfdrake is clearly the best IMO.

But historically Mandriva has been a distribution with the aim of making Linux very easy to use even for newcomers and giving them lots of GUI tools (such as the Control Center). So it doesn’t really make sense to exclude package management from that. In my personal opinion a combination of the om-repo-picker and Discover with packagekit backend would be very user friendly and not as confusing as having multiple tools. Of course you can still use the CLI if you want.