What applications are missing in OM Lx 4?

Regarding to Invesalius. Package should be available in unsupported repository.
At least I see it in repository ( invesalius-3.0.1925-5-omv4000)

TeamViewer and Anydesk are proprietary applications with closed sources. It is unlikely that they will go to the repository due to their license and lack of open sources.
But you can still install it: just download .rpm files avilable on thier website or prebuild binary available in archive tar.gz. Both should works.

1 Like

I tried:
TeamViewer RPM works fine.
Invesalius don’t install (yet)

1 Like

BlueGriffon available for cooker and rolling (/testing) in /unsupported repository.
Thanks to @Colin

$ rpm -qa|grep bluegriffon
bluegriffon-3.1-3.x86_64
1 Like

I use copy and paste a lot. And I keep cheat sheets to copy and paste from.

I’m trying to keep in mind that there are users that don’t master Linux commands well. Also we have users that are afraid of or not used to command line or working in a terminal. And specific to OpenMandriva most contributors or insiders tend not to realize that our combination of Release Plan and Repositories is confusing to non-tech savvy users or anyone new to OpenMandriva.

For example go to dnfdragora>File>Repositories and check out that list. Then try to remember when you were a noob. Is it any wonder that some users mess that up?

BlueGriffon is now also available for Rock/Lx 4.0 in unsupported/testing repository.

To install from Konsole:

x86_64:
sudo dnf install bluegriffon --enablerepo rock-testing-x86_64-unsupported

For znver1:
sudo dnf install bluegriffon --enablerepo rock-testing-znver1-unsupported

Bluegriffon installed … Just learn how it works … :o)
Thanks to all for the help

Good to know.

This one is much, much, more difficult than most. There has been discussion among developers about this one. I heard a “want to” regarding getting this to build but don’t know if or when that will actually happen.

If there is any strong interest in this those interested could go to IRC (#openmandriva) and ask.

Developers gave up on this one. It is to far behind the times upstream to be fixable.

I asked on IRC (#openmandriva-cooker) and never got any response on this one.

If there is any strong interest in this those interested could go to IRC (#openmandriva) and ask.

I tried to install gftp but not worked on Linux

Is there any other method to install it or I need to find any kind of substitute? Also suggest if any application is missing there. I also did not understand whether it is my PC problem or not.
Thanks
[eduhelphub]

Welcome @JK123 to OpenMandriva forum.

Well you need to tell us what version of OM Lx you are using, currently either Lx 4.2 or Rolling. Then what method did you use to try to install it?

I was able to check in to this issue. gFTP is in OM Lx unsupported repository. To install this software in Rock/OM Lx 4.2 or Rolling do the following:

1. Open Software Repository Selector and select to enable Unsupported repository:

1. Open Konsole (terminal) and type the following:

$ sudo dnf --refresh install gftp

You will be asked for your root or administrator password. Result:

Note: Never mix repositories across different branches of OpenMandriva Lx. Current stable release is OM Lx 4.2 also called Rock. If you use this use Rock repos only. If you use Rolling use Rolling repos only.

Edit: Note-2: Users should know that OM gftp package is old, out of date and there is no package maintainer. Regrettably that is the case with a lot of the packages in unsupported repo. Packages in unsupported are supposed to be community maintained.

@ben79 @Mila

With the current ROME (The coming OML 5), Mysql Workbench community is working great :nerd_face:
MySQL Workbench CE (GPL) 8.0.33 CE build 2951571

At the time of writing for ayone interested, and i you can install it by downloading the official package for Fedora 38 and install with :
sudo rpm -i --nodeps mysql-workbench-community-8.0.33-1.fc38.x86_64.rpm

For any missing dependency, you can search and look through dnfdragora to install the related package (Different naming from Fedora but that should work)

On Rock 4.3 last time I tried it was more than a year ago, I succeed to compile it manually but it was a pain. I can’t tell you a lot 'cause I erase my hard disk with no backup but the version I used was version 3.0.28. You need devel packages from the unsupported tree (vsqlite, proj,…), the antlr version 4.9.1 (A gist from a souvenir at least: Compile Mysql Workbench on OpenMandriva 4.3 · GitHub) otherwise it wouldn’t compile, and patience. Two or three files need to be pachted manually, I can’t remember but I borrow stuff from Gentoo or another distro to fix it while googling the error. Stuff was breaking somewhere but most ther distros jumped the related dependency / package, something like that. So I’m not surprised it wasn’t even in unsupported because it wouldn’t compile from the start. Going little by little it took me like a few days in global to get someting running. :crazy_face: I’m talking with OM 4.3. So in 2020 with 4.2 or less I even doubt you can build it. (Issue with dependencies’version)

Hope that might help :muscle:

Tip:
Search and look through dnfdragora, then install by command line in console :wink:

:+1:

1 Like