Weird Graphic & other issues, new install LX3

Installed LX3 and it booted but was having weird graphic issues. The log-in screen graphic kept flashing up on the screen as I was looking through the menu. It wasn’t actually logging me out, it would just repeatedly flash what looked like the log-in screen off and on behind whatever was currently on the screen. Very annoying! I ran the updates since this was a fresh install and rebooted. After rebooting, I am not getting that flashing screen but all the icons from the bottom panel are missing except the keyboard, my Wacom tablet no longer works (it did on first boot and this is important for me) and the bootup sound was weird and crackling (sounded fine on first boot). Here is my system:

@ASUS-OpenMandriva ~]$ inxi -F
System: Host: ASUS-OpenMandriva Kernel: 4.6.5-desktop-2omv x86_64 (64 bit)
Desktop: KDE Plasma 5.6.5 Distro: OpenMandrivaLinux 3.0 Einsteinium
Machine: Mobo: ASUSTeK model: K30BF_M32BF v: Rev X.0x
Bios: American Megatrends v: 0302 date: 08/25/2014
CPU: Dual core AMD A10-6700 APU with Radeon HD Graphics (-HT-MCP-) cache: 4096 KB
clock speeds: max: 3700 MHz 1: 1800 MHz 2: 3400 MHz 3: 1800 MHz 4: 1800 MHz
Graphics: Card: Advanced Micro Devices [AMD/ATI] Richland [Radeon HD 8670D]
Display Server: OpenMandriva X.org 118.4 driver: N/A
Resolution: 1440x900@59.89hz
GLX Renderer: Gallium 0.4 on AMD ARUBA (DRM 2.43.0 / 4.6.5-desktop-2omv, LLVM 3.8.1)
GLX Version: 3.0 Mesa 12.0.1
Audio: Card-1 Advanced Micro Devices [AMD] FCH Azalia Controller
driver: snd_hda_intel
Card-2 Advanced Micro Devices [AMD/ATI] Trinity HDMI Audio Controller
driver: snd_hda_intel
Sound: Advanced Linux Sound Architecture v: k4.6.5-desktop-2omv
Network: Card-1: Realtek RTL8111/8168/8411 PCI Express Gigabit Ethernet Controller
driver: r8169
IF: enp4s0 state: up speed: 100 Mbps duplex: full mac: 54:a0:50:86:70:59
Card-2: Realtek RTL8821AE 802.11ac PCIe Wireless Network Adapter
driver: rtl8821ae
IF: wlp5s0 state: down mac: dc:85:de:c5:29:c3
Drives: HDD Total Size: 1000.2GB (6.2% used)
ID-1: /dev/sda model: WDC_WD10EZEX size: 1000.2GB
Partition: ID-1: / size: 48G used: 6.1G (14%) fs: ext4 dev: /dev/sda9
ID-2: swap-1 size: 8.39GB used: 0.00GB (0%) fs: swap dev: /dev/sda5
RAID: No RAID devices: /proc/mdstat, md_mod kernel module present
Sensors: System Temperatures: cpu: 9.9C mobo: N/A gpu: 7.0
Fan Speeds (in rpm): cpu: 0
Info: Processes: 241 Uptime: 30 min Memory: 1162.7/7171.9MB
Client: Shell (bash) inxi: 2.2.27

OK, nevermind. Moving on. Best of luck.

Hi @LNXlady,

sorry for late answer, we’re a small team and our main support guy was in surgery since few days until very recently…

I guess “moving on” means you switched to something else? Best of luck to you too, thanks :slight_smile:

I’m sorry to hear that and hope he has a speedy recovery. Yes, I can’t use the computer without the Wacom tablet so after a couple of days I had to install something else. It seemed like an odd problem. It’s been years since I had to do anything to get Wacoms to work with Linux. They usually work out of the box these days. Anyway, thanks for taking the time to reply.

Thanks for reporting, though it’s no more a problem for you, I’ll test to be sure Wacom tablets now work OOTB.

Sorry for not replying sooner. I had trouble understanding this issue (probably pain meds). Had to google Wacom tablets… I posted this issue on our OpenMandriva Cooker mailing list. We’ll see what pops up. Cooker is our development branch so developers are Cookers.

Yeah, I’m home and recovering and moving slowly. I’m very limited at present but do what I can when I can.

That’s good to know because I may be back at some point. I still have very fond memories of the original Mandriva. It was my distro of choice for a long time.

1 Like

You’ll be welcome at any time. We need more Lady users.