UEFI dbx impossible update

In Discover no way to update this package. I get this error message:

Remote peer disconnected

Operating System: OpenMandriva ROME 24.01
KDE Plasma Version: 5.27.9
KDE Frameworks Version: 5.112.0
Qt Version: 5.15.11
Kernel Version: 6.6.2-desktop-1omv2390 (64-bit)
Graphics Platform: X11
Processors: 4 × Intel® Core™ i7-6500U CPU @ 2.50GHz
Memory: 7.7 GiB of RAM
Graphics Processor: Mesa Intel® HD Graphics 520
Manufacturer: HP
Product Name: HP Notebook
System Version: Type1ProductConfigId

Still impossible update this package.
Found solution in internet but it’s too complicated .

just read this at the end :

Important Considerations

Updating the UEFI dbx to version 217 may result in your system being excluded from booting in UEFI secure-boot mode if your booting software (e.g., grub2) is blacklisted in DBX version 217. Consider updating Ubuntu to a newer version, such as Ubuntu 22.04 LTS or 22.10, before updating the UEFI dbx to minimize security risks.

Always exercise caution when modifying system files and ensure you have backups in case any issues arise during the process.

they want the shim they get trouble with micro$oft firmware

I am asking OM developers about this. UEFI dbx is not an OpenMandriva package that I can see. This is the website listed:

https://uefi.org/revocationlistfile

Also found this:

The license is proprietary so I would guess whoever owns the license would be responsible for fixing any issue.

I would wonder “Why is this in Discover”?

because in 2020 Grub & shim uses keys certificate microsoft ( as all Ubuntu , Debian , etc … ) but not all DE linux ( still with no boot secure with archlinux & endeavoursos or manjaro )
micro$oft invalidate theses keys in 2020 , and this required for all builder motherboard to delivers new version UEFI with new keys and trouble arrived with size & firmware size

Ubuntu & Debian and other need to boot in No Secure boot to update , because with theses olders keys they will be blocked , no boot

Someone in Cooker channel reported:

It usually says install failed for Uefi Dbx but it didn’t. If you restart you’ll see that the version has changed

In my system two things in contrast:

1. at present version installed is 276 (5 February 2024) quite recent, then it seems it has been updated
  1. tried to update several times and I have always error message. After reboot system version is still 276

In my system UEFI dbx installed is still 276 but it seems released on 20 febrary 2024 then today!
Release date change version don’t !!
And it still need updated to version 371.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.