Torrent Downloads OMLx4

Hi,

the HTTP/FTP mirrors aside there’s another issue with ISO downloads. The section 1. Choose a download method here pushes users towards Torrents but:

• On d-om-o there are no Torrents for the final release
  • On sf.net there none either, yet the download page points there

Maybe it’s best to comment out the whole Torrents part until it’s fixed. Even more as sf.net is called “our favourite, as it let us having a visibility of the download rates”. That doesn’t fit together really. :wink:

2 Likes

You are correct. And @rugyada is trying to get some movement on this ASAP. This is a major and unfortunate oversight.

1 Like

You are right.
In our plan we had the torrents at sf, and the ISOs at mirrors source but something unforeseen delayed the tasks.
It happens, sometimes :slight_smile:

1 Like

No problem for me, just wanted to point out.
If you need help with the downloads page (I saw another, older thread somewhere) let me know.

1 Like

These are struggles a small, all volunteer, organization has sometimes.

Part of this may be the release happened at a time when a few key people were on holiday or traveling for business.

Yeah, I know and fully understand that - which is why I offered a helping hand. :wink:

1 Like

Update:
There are good chances that tomorrow we’ll get the torrents files both at SourceForge and at openmandriva torrents.

2 Likes

Official torrents are now up and live at https://downloads.openmandriva.org/torrents :+1: thanks for the heads up @vinzv :smile:

3 Likes

That was quick, thanks! :+1:

1 Like