we are bout to switch RPM to version 4.
Cooker and 3.0 may be broken for upcoming days, as we need to adapt our docker builders and scripts to RPM4 and dnf.
So what are the benefits ?
- RPM4 is actively maintained over RPM5
- RPM4 gives whole consistent suit for package management and repository management
- DNF a wide standard to manage rpm packages (install, uninstall, upgrade etc.)
- Less bloat, no more ugly perl code and hacks
- No more ugly hacks and ancient adaptations just to make thing a “little work”
- Support from the upstream
Sorry for all the inconvenience.