Sgx disabled by bios

Hello,

• OpenMandriva Lx version: OpenMandriva Lx release 4.3 (Dysprosium) Official for x86_64

• Desktop environment (KDE, LXQT…):
    KDE Plasma: 5.23.5
    KDE Frameworks: 5.90.0
    Qt: 5.15.3

• Description of the issue (screenshots if relevant):
    my system log shows a “sgx disabled by bios” message.
    I enabled SGX inside my Bios as “auto”, but looks like OpenMandriva is unable to manage it.
    Can someone give me a hint about it?

• Relevant informations (hardware involved, software version, logs or output…):

ROG STRIX Z490-F GAMING
BIOS Information
Vendor: American Megatrends Inc.
Version: 2403
Processors: 16 × Intel® Core™ i7-10700K CPU @ 3.80GHz
Memory: 15,5 GiB di RAM

SGX should be supported by Linux kernel from 5.11… Make sure that in your bios/UEFI sgx is set to enabled and not for auto mode.

Unfortunately my motherboard has just two SGX configuration options: “Disabled” or “Software Controlled”
Is current linux kernel unable to manage this Bios option properly?

I suspect one can learn more about this topic with an Internet search.

According to this from kernel.org the support can be determined by:

grep sgx /proc/cpuinfo

SGX must both be supported in the processor and enabled by the BIOS. If SGX appears to be unsupported on a system which has hardware support, ensure support is enabled in the BIOS. If a BIOS presents a choice between “Enabled” and “Software Enabled” modes for SGX, choose “Enabled”.

What little I thinK I know suggests SGX is specific to Intel cpu’s and the kernel.org doc indicates that it does not like “Software Enabled”. My desktop cpu is AMD/Ryzen which would not be supported.

Here are some Intel OpenSource docs.

I tried “grep sgx /proc/cpuinfo” with no result.
However, according to my Intel i7-10700K product specification, sgx is available with Intel ME

This document Introduction — The Linux Kernel documentation confirms that the Linux Intel SE driver supports chipsets from the 82X38/X48 Express. Mine is Z490, so it should be in. Why I can’t find anything official to download and install?