SEO stuff

Hi,

why our site and subsites are missing important SEO (search engine optimization) stuff ?

• Missing in
<link rel="canonical" href="https://forum3.openmandriva.org/"/>
<meta name="title" content="OpenMandriva">
<meta name="keywords" content="linux,distribution,openmandriva,mandriva">
<meta name="robots" content="index,follow">

• description
    is wrong in terms of SEO
<meta name="description" content="A pinch of Passion, A pinch of Innovation, flavoured with fun" />

this should looks like this:

<meta name="description" content="OpenMandriva Lx is the best Linux distribution" />
<meta property="og:description" content="OpenMandriva Lx is the best Linux distribution">
  • Missing robots.txt

• Missing <h1>

• Missing social medias
    <meta name="twitter:description"> is missing.
    <meta name="twitter:site"> is missing.

FB and other plugins are missing.
Looks like adding links to social medias in footer does not work well with SEO.

done, thanks

done

But there is a robots.txt

Where?

Well, i removed site because I did not see the usefullness and i try to optimize for pagespeed also. But of course I can add it back.
For description, it’s already in almost all page as it dynamically use the title to generate discription content, see any news or doc page source. If needed I’ll add it to the landing page too.

Well, I try to avoid any kind of external request, 3rd party trackers etc. but maybe you think about plugins that are privacy friendly which I don’t know?

Maybe yes, but it’s not so bad, these analyzis were before the correction you provided, and I also add specific news sitemaps for google, which should improve seo a little more. The most errors there are a lack of words in some articles, or duplicate titles.

But as said above, sometimes, a seo improvement brings a pagespeed degradation, so at one point each line has to be chosen carefully. Also I’m working on website accessibility, which is a quite big work as it needs to refactor many parts to respect some query of better contrast, for instance.

@raphael Above is still missing

description is still wrong as in SEO rules.
“OpenMandriva Lx 4.0: the best! …until OpenMandriva does better” that says nothing related to our keywords :frowning:

Now looks good “

Here comes
Lx 4.0

In fact h1 was duplicate, i replaced with a line break

@raphael can you please check this SEO report