Screen image hang at login

Hello,

• OpenMandriva Lx version: 3.0

• Desktop environment (KDE, LXQT…): KDE 5

• Description of the issue :
    At boot, when login screen is shown, if I wait few minutes system hang.

How to reproduce:

1. boot
  2. at login screen, when all users are shown, leave screen untouched for several minutes
  3. write password and try to login
  4. hard disk works and login process seems complete, I can hear song at end of login
  5. screen don’t change, still showing users icons and I can’t use pc

When system hang sometime pressing alt + F2 then writing “reboot” system reboot. So I think screen hangs but behind it login is complete.

I need urgently at least a workaround or pc is unusable. Opened bug 2237.

Maybe this is your issue: [UPDATE] Warning: NVIDIA driver 384.69 seems to be broken with QtQuick – Martin's Blog

In issues I see u have it not on all hardware. So maybe only with NVIDIA? If yes, this can be for you.

Unfortunately video card is Radeon.

We’re talking about this in TC meeting right now @ #openmandriva-cooker on Freenode.

Edit: Next day 10/05/2017: Added Comment # 5 to bug report.

Workaround = autologin

This pc has several users. If I enable autologin and left unattended password of “autologin user” is needed to use it and to close session to change user.
For the moment I can keep using VESA that has an acceptable quality.

I suspected autologin would not work in your situation. Wish I had more but I don’t. I am glad that there is a workaround. Unfortunately this is the type of thing where the small size of our developer group and contributor group is an obvious handicap.