Rolling is now mostly fixed

Important note: This thread implies that you know how to use OpenMandriva repositories correctly. If you have any question stop and ask. Mixing the repositories of different release versions can and will cause problems for you. We guarantee it. So do not do that. If you don’t know what that means then stop and ask. If you do this anyway, in spite of all warnings, and break your system then do a fresh install. Do not bother asking us how to fix it. The way to fix this is to do a fresh install.

Post-edit: (2019-08-31) The original title was “Rolling is not ready for users”. This is now rescinded. Rolling is mostly fixed. Rolling is now ready for testing. That means testing not for a production system. If you are not in a position to do a fresh install if there are problems you should not be doing this at all.

With this exception:

# dnf distro-sync
Problem 1: package falkon-plugins-3.1.0-6.x86_64 requires libpyside2.cpython-37m-x86_64-linux-gnu.so.5.12()(64bit), but none of the providers can be installed
cannot install the best update candidate for package falkon-plugins-3.1.0-6.x86_64
pyside2-core-5.12.0-1.x86_64 does not belong to a distupgrade repository
Problem 2: package falkon-plugins-3.1.0-6.x86_64 requires libpyside2.cpython-37m-x86_64-linux-gnu.so.5.12()(64bit), but none of the providers can be installed
cannot install both pyside2-core-5.13.0-1.x86_64 and pyside2-core-5.12.0-1.x86_64
problem with installed package falkon-plugins-3.1.0-6.x86_64
cannot install the best update candidate for package pyside2-core-5.12.0-1.x86_64
falkon-plugins-3.1.0-6.x86_64 does not belong to a distupgrade repository

Workaround:

$ sudo dnf clean all

$ sudo dnf distro-sync --exclude=pyside2-core

This will update everything on a default install except the pyside2 package stack. Devs tell us that will be fixed shortly.

1 Like

Is it to late to tell this? I need more information? Will it get fixed or did i need to reinstall Operatingsystem again?

Will rock\rolling have xchat\steam or gnome\xfce or other package in the future?

It is also to late for me. To fix it I had to upgrade to cooker.

At this time what you are doing does make sense. But right now the situation is in flux regarding Rolling. It has not been Officially Announced. And for good reason. Rolling is a Work_In_Progress right now. Apologies for any inconvenience anyone has suffered.

Just be aware that Cooker is labeled Unstable for a reason. It works very well most of the time and right now is in much better shape than Rolling. But Cooker is for developers to do work, work that breaks things occasionally. So be prepared for that.

https://wiki.openmandriva.org/en/OpenMandriva_Release_Plan_and_Repositories#Release_Plan

Now having said that the planned fix for Rolling is that sometime in near future developers will erase Rolling repositories and copy Cooker to Rolling. So for now what you are doing is OK. When Rolling is officially announced as ready for users you may want to consider switching back to Rolling.

I hope this makes sense, I can understand if it is confusing for users.

See edited first post.

1 Like

@clb At this precise moment you can fix it again, switching back to Rolling channel.
Just do not upgrade cooker anymore, open Software Repository Selector and downgrade channel from Cooker to Rolling. Follow @ben79’ advice here above, and run distro-sync.

If you need any further help just ask (if/when in doubt, do nothing: stop and ask :slight_smile: )

1 Like

First post edited with simplified upgrade instruction. And additional warnings because.

I have tested this and its works nice to install rolling over rock.
So please tell is not rock updated? fixing browser issue do that if i upgrade to rolling.
So did not find issue so far that make openmandriva a lot of better for the first time, but did not test completly, so why you say that? Without browser the distribution is useless, but still a lot of power and drivers issue with ryzen so its not the best, but as far its better. But i have issue that steam and other things will not be found so why check that out?

Its funny to use shourtcut to have usable system.

I tested this also with virtualbox and then i get:

so i think is broked repo.
I hope that you can give me news iso of znver that fix firefox at least?
Did you have planed to add gnome\XFCE to this iso so its dont need to be added later after installing?
The main reason that i must change from rock to rolling is because browser and poor updates did not works. So i hope you developers and configuratiors make chose how to fix or test it? Because its get lot of mess of this but we user did not have choce because rock and cooker is so poor.

@lmh1
People here may get annoyed of your constantly complaining about how poor and broken and outdated and problematic and shit is our distro.

This does not work.

You show no respect for the developers and for everyone in this small team nor for their hard work.
We are a small group consisting of all volunteers unpaid part-time fellows.

Also, nobody will ever come to your house by night and secretly install OM in your PC, nor anybody did it before.
No binding chains.
So you may want to go elsewhere, find and install a not so shit distro, and live happy forever.
I really highly recommend you to do so.

I went back to rolling from cooker and it mostly worked. I removed the falkon-plugin package and added --allowerasing to the dnf --refresh distro-sync command. I have not rebooted yet.