QEMU problems installing

Heyo,

I’ve been running OMV Cooker (installed from minimal iso) for the past few weeks.
A day or two ago I ran dnf clean all && dnf dsync, for which gave me issues with qemu. I was using VirtualBox and so uninstalled qemu which allowed the upgrade to run fine.

However now I need to pass a GPU through to a VM which can’t be done in VirtualBox. Upon running dnf install qemu I am met with:

Last metadata expiration check: 2:24:48 ago on Mon 07 Nov 2022 09:52:25 AM MST.
Error:
 Problem: package qemu-1:7.1.0-2.x86_64 requires qemu-user = 1:7.1.0-2, but none of the providers can be installed
  - package qemu-user-1:7.1.0-2.x86_64 requires qemu-common = 1:7.1.0-2, but none of the providers can be installed
  - conflicting requests
  - nothing provides libmpathpersist.so.0(LIBMPATHPERSIST_1.0.0)(64bit) needed by qemu-common-1:7.1.0-2.x86_64
(try to add '--skip-broken' to skip uninstallable packages)

On dnf install qemu-user:

Last metadata expiration check: 2:30:34 ago on Mon 07 Nov 2022 09:52:25 AM MST.
Error:
 Problem: package qemu-user-1:7.1.0-2.x86_64 requires qemu-common = 1:7.1.0-2, but none of the providers can be installed
  - conflicting requests
  - nothing provides libmpathpersist.so.0(LIBMPATHPERSIST_1.0.0)(64bit) needed by qemu-common-1:7.1.0-2.x86_64

On dnf install qemu-common:

Last metadata expiration check: 2:31:39 ago on Mon 07 Nov 2022 09:52:25 AM MST.
Error:
 Problem: conflicting requests

It all seems to trace back to a missing libmpathpersist.so.0. This is provided by the lib64mpathpersist0 package, which I have installed. Removing and reinstalling the package has not worked.
What should I do from here?

Many thanks,
Collin

Can not reproduce this issue. Qemu will install here using dnf --refresh in qemu:

In Cooker especially it is important to either run dnf clean all or to use --refresh for package installs or upgrades.

Hi @fishe,
thanks for the report. We need to rebuild qemu package to fix this. New qemu 7.1.0-3 will be in repository in a few hours.

1 Like

Interesting, does this mean some part of my install is borked? I’ll wait to see if 7.1.0-3 works but if not I’ll reinstall

Don’t know but this is what I found here:

# dnf --refresh repoquery --qf '%{SOURCERPM}' --whatprovides 'libmpathpersist.so.0()(64bit)'
google-chrome                                                                                                                                                                      12 kB/s | 1.3 kB     00:00    
OpenMandriva Cooker - znver1                                                                                                                                                      7.8 kB/s | 4.3 kB     00:00    
OpenMandriva Cooker - Unsupported - znver1                                                                                                                                        3.2 kB/s | 4.3 kB     00:01    
OpenMandriva Cooker - Restricted - znver1                                                                                                                                         6.9 kB/s | 4.3 kB     00:00    
multipath-tools-0.9.3-1.src.rpm

[root@1460-xfs ~]# rpm -qa | grep multipath
lib64multipath0-0.8.6-3.znver1
multipath-tools-0.8.6-3.znver1

[root@1460-xfs ~]# rpm -qa | grep lib64mpath
lib64mpathcmd0-0.8.6-3.znver1
lib64mpathpersist0-0.8.6-3.znver1

Don’t know if all of those are required for qemu. They must be default packages though because I would not have installed any of that on my own.

No, because what I reported was on a znver1 system. I checked a x86_64 VM and qemu does not install. Same error as you show. So what @Mandian said is correct. Package must need rebuild to catch up to latest dependencies.

x86_64: lib64mpathpersist0-0.9.3-1.x86_64

znver1: lib64mpathpersist0-0.8.6-3.znver1

Apologies for confusing things. And thanks for reporting this does show something that needs

Ah alright. Thanks for helping me figure this out! I’ll get back to y’all with how it goes when it’s updated

@ben79 qemu-common is listed hete here. Only libmpathpersist.so.0 is required by qemu-common (you may verify this with dnf repoquery --requires qemu-common).

The error I made was that I thought I had updated the znver1 system this morning and I had not. And the multipath-tools package were part of the updates from yesterday.

1. One could call this a stupid mistake, because it was.
  2. Or one could alibi and say we have to many things for QA testers to keep up with.
  3. Or one could say we need more QA testers.

I vote for 3, even if 1 is also correct… :disappointed_relieved:

I vote for 2 :slight_smile:

It’s working now, thanks so much!