Problem with repositories in OM Lx 4.0

Hi again, i need some help again:
I success upgrade to LX 4.0:

New X86_64 ISO # 2476 available for testers (https://abf.openmandriva.org/platforms/cooker/products/4/product_build_lists/2476)

But i have a lot of issue with repositories that is not configured as default or outdated one?
How to add (firefox firefox 66.04 so its automatcaly update to latest? DNF update firefox did not help.

How to install steam? steam install

For repositories look here:

https://forum3.openmandriva.org/t/how-and-why-to-edit-repositories-for-dnf-lx-4-0-and-cooker/2246/24

You can learn a lot in the Resources section.

1 Like

For steam look here.

For Firefox you’ll get updates when the rest of us do just by updating your system. Believe it or not our developers have to build a package before users can install it. Post-edit: Our developers will get this and other packages updated as quickly as they can do it right. If you think Firefox 66.0.4 will be a life changing experience you can always install the version from here. IMO most of us would not be able to tell the difference between 66.0.2 and 66.0.4, certainly nothing to get excited about.

If you need to discuss either steam or Firefox any further please open a separate thread for each issue.

1 Like

Keep in mind that you have installed a development version of OpenMandriva, currently using developer (Cooker) repositories. Problems are to be expected. Wrap your arms around them and help fix them.

There will be a repository split soon when we create repositories for OM Lx 4 and that will isolate users somewhat from the trauma of using something while developers are working on it. That will happen about the same time as we do our RC (Release Candidate) release. RC is last step before GA (General Availability) release. GA is the final or public release marking the release as “stable”.

1 Like

Keep in mind that you have installed a development version of OpenMandriva, currently using developer (Cooker) repositories. Problems are to be expected. Wrap your arms around them and help fix them.

I guess the most issue is fixed with this release, install works nice, but still outdated drivers, its use the same driver-DB so i guess ubuntu 19.04 did have more drivers available.
But works updates? Or did i need to reinstall openmandriva when RC or final version come?
Its not easy to upgrade without reinstall?