Problem due to hyph-utf8 after upgrading 4.1 to 4.2

Tags: #<Tag:0x00007f92bd55b250>

log.txt (7,7 Ko)

Hello,

I have upgraded Lx from 4.1 to 4.2.
I followed the procedure that was well explained by Ben (thank you Ben for your post!) and it worked fine (note that I did not use wayland).

However I have a problem with texlive when compiling any kind of tex file (even this file only contains the simple \documentclass[10pt,a4paper]{article} \begin{document} \end{document}).

The log is in the attached file, but the interesting part is :
I can’t find file `loadhyph-be.tex’. \addlanguage …me =#5 \uselanguage {#1}\input #2 \if #3\else \input #3 \f… l.48 …guage{belarusian}{loadhyph-be.tex}{}{2}{2} (Press Enter to retry, or Control-D to exit) Please type another input file name: ! Emergency stop. \addlanguage …me =#5 \uselanguage {#1}\input #2 \if #3\else \input #3 \f… l.48 …guage{belarusian}{loadhyph-be.tex}{}{2}{2} ! ==> Fatal error occurred, no output PDF file produced!

I have indeed notice that the file loadhyph-be.tex is missing although it should come with the hyph-utf8 package.
I have also noticed that loadhyph-oc.tex and loadhyph-la.tex are also missing comparing to CTAN: Package hyph-utf8

(Note also that I did a fmtutil-sys --all as well as reinstalling all livetex packages…)

Nicolas

@nicolastaulier thanks for reporting and thanks for the kind words.

For an issue this technical it might be better and faster to talk to developers @ #openmandriva-cooker on Freenode IRC or file a bug report on our issue tracker. Or you can follow the Chat link here.

Thanks Ben, I have filed a bug report and if I can try to fix the problem.
Nicolas

2 Likes

I’m not mandriva user, but this support post is only non-Japanes Google result for the mentioned errors, so I’m writing this in hope the following information could be useful to somebody.

I’ve stumped upon similar issue building texlive-core on Gentoo:

! I can't find file `loadhyph-be.tex'.

Full build log: dpaste: e/dev-texlive/texlive-basic-2020-r1/temp/build.log

The reason was some stale files in /etc/texmf/ from previous versions. After removing the directory and reinstalling appropriate packages to recreate files, everything else went smouth…

Yikes, Mandriva went bankrupt in 2012. They no longer exist.

This issue needs to go upstream. I don’t believe OpenMandriva has any package maintainer for Tex Live stuff so someone will need to volunteer to take this issue upstream.

I don’t use anything regarding Tex Live that I know of but I think this is upstream.

Thank you but the problem is different here.
Indeed I got the same message after doing a fresh installation of OM 4.2 on a newly formatted disk.
In addition, the command fmtutil-sys --all should have taken care of removing stale files after the upgrade…

The problem comes from the fact that the OM hyph-utf8 package is lacking some files when comparing it to CTAN files.