Opinions on upgrade hardware to best maximize & make the most of OpenMandriva

Hi everyone;
Not sure if this is the best place for this question, but it looked like the best match from what I had seen so far, so here goes:

I want to build a new desktop PC optimized for the OpenMandriva OS, and I want to use it primarily for:
3D CAD/CAM & solid modeling
Audio and video creation/editing
Graphics & photo image creation/editing
Real time audio analysis software
Internet browsing (roughly 20 windows with 100 tabs each typically open at any given time.)
Multiple email accounts
Some office software - spreadsheets, databases, word processing
(I’m not interested in gaming per se.)

I use OpenMandriva exclusively, and have been since the early days of Mandrake/Mandriva, and I intend to continue to do so.

I have also been very satisfied with AMD, and would prefer to make the most intelligent selection from among their most recent product offerings and compatible motherboard combinations.

I know that I could simply order the latest & greatest (read: most expensive) regardless of cost, but I don’t see the benefit of purchasing and paying for something in excess of what is actually needed that will have little to no real benefit for the purposes intended.

There are several internet sources of information regarding how to select compatible components to build a dedicated purpose PC; a few focus on optimizing for Linux, but I haven’t found any specifically referring to OpenMandriva… so I thought, why not put the idea out in front of the OM community? If there might be any particular options to consider in that respect, I would like to know.

Given these qualifications, what would be your opinions, suggestions, and/or recommendations for component selection?

Any feedback will be greatly appreciated, and thank you all for your assistance.
I truly do appreciate your help.

Hello @deltakprime , IMHO for what you need to do:

I think you could not build a cheap machine, first of all, are you doing those things for professionals purpouses or just for hobbies?
This is the first consideration you have to do (this means: “I do this because is my daily job and I need to have done it as quick as possible!” and then you need to have better performance when you render/edit your stuff, or “No, I do this just for fun and it’s my hobby” and so, you don’t really need to have top performance PC).

In my experience, when I project a workstation that must do what you ask here (I mean for professionals purpouses) actually my combo is:

• 1x intel i9 12900k (this one because for video effects is better to have a CPU with per single core high performance, ATM AMD have not those performances)
  • 1x Asus TUF Gaming Z690 Plus Wi-Fi D4 Intel Z690 (ATM DDR4 are better and less expensive than DDR5)
  • 1x Kingston Fury Beast 128GB or Kingston Fury Beast RGB (if you like RGB) Kit 4x32GB DDR4 3600MHz CL18 (lot of RAM, much faster)
  • 1x Zotac GeForce RTX 3090 Trinity OC (you need the power! Is better a Gigabyte GeForce RTX 3090 Vision OC 24GB but seems there are only 40 in all over the word)
  • 1x Asus ROG Strix Riser Cable (to mount video card in vertical position)
  • 1x Asus ROG Ryujin II 360 ARGB CPU Liquid Cooler (i9 under stress became really hot, liquid cooler is the way)
  • 1x Asus ROG Thor 1200W RGB OLED Modular 80+ Platinum (you need to have a stable and powerfull PSU)
  • 3x Kingston Fury Renegade SSD 1TB M.2 NVMe 7300/6000 MB/s PCi Ex 4.0 (1 for OS and software, 1 for data, a for cache)
  • 1x Barrow Heatsink M.2 2280/22110 Full Cover Display OLED Nero (2 NVMe have heatsink built-in on the MoBo, so you need 1 to cool down the last one)
  • 1x Asus ROG GX601 Strix Helios RGB Full Tower (IMHO here you got the best airflow in the perfect space for your components, plus you can make a very well cable management)

This is a professional configuration and I can guarantee it will work very fast, perhaps it is not a cheap configuration, if you need a cheapest configuration let me know what are your purpouses and I can try to set up a Workstation that is good for you.
My 2 cents,
Alessandro

what kind of external peripheral are you using ?

• videos links and numbers screen
  • USB ports
  • specific apps , may be video card for instance ?

it should be a 5950x or threadripper series