OpenMandriva don't boot

• OpenMandriva Lx version: 3.02

• _Description of the issue:_Using Lx 3.02 (build 1180) I started live then I installed in hard disk in dual boot system with Windows 10 (gpt/uefi file system).
    I don’t use 3.03 because installation stopped at 92%.
    I have boot loader working but when I boot OMV it stops at point shown.

I tried boot in rescue mode too and it stops as shown.

Any hint?

1180?
IIRC 1180 ISO build did not install…

Postedit:
Maybe “It did not install under some circumstances” would be better wording :wink:
Try with a DVD.

I guess this is related to Xorg.
I suppose you were able to successfully start the live mode from the iso in order to install the system.
Did you use the standard or the basic graphics mode?

I confirm, I installed using 1180 (that’s 3.02) because (in this pc) 3.03 live works but installation stops at 92 %.

[quote=“jclvanier, post:3, topic:1557, full:true”]
I guess this is related to Xorg.[/quote]How can I check? Or what can I do?

[quote] I suppose you were able to successfully start the live mode from the iso in order to install the system.[/quote]Yes, live seems working well. At least I can complete boot and use graphic environment.

[quote]Did you use the standard or the basic graphics mode?[/quote]Standard mode for live and then started installation.

None of us reported any 3.03 install failure, but you could always make an attempt burning image on DVD and use it for installation.
You may be lucky, who knows :slight_smile:

It could be interesting to see the output of journalctl -xb.

[quote=“mandian, post:7, topic:1557”]
[/quote]I’ve been able to login as root then I’ll see output of journalctl -xb but how can I show it to you? I need to put it in a file.
May be a command like this could work?

journalctl -xb > journalctl_out.txt

[quote=“rugyada, post:6, topic:1557”]
None of us reported any 3.03 install failure, but you could always make an attempt burning image on DVD and use it for installation.
[/quote]Using 3.03 in dvd I started live but it hang after showing background. Of course no way to start installation.

[quote=“mandian, post:7, topic:1557”]
[/quote]Here’s journalctl. I deleted many rows regarding previous attempt to reduce file size. journalctl_a.txt (688.3 KB)
If you need I can send complete file too.

First question is where does someone get Lx 3.02? It is not in release_current or release_archives. So where is it?

Edit: The question is for everyone not just Giorgio. I want for one thing to know which is correct build ID for Lx 3.02 (1180 sound like wrong one but my memory is …).

Problem solve this first. As stated above you are the only known reporter of this issue. If you do choose to problem solve this it should be in a separate thread.

In that vein do md5sum and sha1sum match? Is the ISO file the correct size? When you run Calamares from Konsole what is the output? Could you post that here? Does this freeze happen on one computer or multiple? Does Calamares issue any errror or does it simply freeze?

To run Calamares from Konsole:

$ pkexec /usr/bin/calamares -d

The -d stands for debug. When calamares opens you will see a line about debug output in lower lefthand corner, click on that and a dialog window will open that might have some relevant output when an install freezes. The most likely relevant output however will be in the Konsole output.

1 Like

As I wrote I went back to 3.02 because 3.03 installer stops at 92 %.
Instead 3.02 installer works and install OM, at least in that pc. A step closer to have OpenMandriva working.
I had 3.02 since end of june 2017.

Well never mind then.

Since you are able to launch a live session, you might try to replace the installed kernel command line parameters by those used when launching the live iso in trouble shooting mode.
I sometimes use this workaround. I can give you more details if needed.

Live start in “normal” mode too. I see parameters that are “quite a lot”. Is there a way to “copy” them instead of writing one by one?

I checked, very useful indications, I’ll use next time installation don’t works.

The way I know is, when live mode is started, to get them with:
cat /proc/cmdline
Then you copy them somewhere in your hard disk or a usb key. You can also send them via the network (scp, ftp, email…)
Very often, there are only few items to change.

Thanks a lot, I’ll try next week.