Nvidia and DKMS - so far, so good, but

Hello,

• OpenMandriva Lx version: Rome 23.03

• Desktop environment (KDE, LXQT…): KDE 5.27.3 , QT 5.15.8

• Description of the issue (screenshots if relevant):
    I installed dkms nVidia package and I can say it works great. Video card drivers are automatically updated in accordance with any new kernel.
    However, some issue still remain. No recovery or shell mode is available at boot and no screen is available when recovering from suspend mode.
    I really hope the said issues may be solved soon.

Hello,

Just for clarification, what makes you think this is related to nvidia driver? Without nvidia everything is working as expected?
Aside, I can say that from my experience the plymouth screen does not display (not so much important to me frankly)

Some problems need more knowledge which we are more likey to find at OpenMandriva Chat.

I do not have nvidia hardware and it would be inappropriate for me to ask devs at OpenMandriva Chat when I can not test any fix or workaround they may come up with.

It’s not Nvidia driver, but the DKMS package in particular.
It makes impossible to boot in a plain shell and it does not allow the system to recover a standard X screen from suspend mode.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.