Nvidia-440 package is allowing nouveau driver to load

OK, one last thing. Kinda offtopic.

I see that you need to have the CUDA toolkit installed (source) to be able to compile Blender with CUDA-support. I guess that’s exactly why the OMV-version does not have CUDA support? As it would need a non-free package to compile it?

This is the EULA for the CUDA Toolkit. I’m not qualified to say but I suspect anything that OM does that uses this would need to be in non-free repo. (Developers tend to have better understanding of software licensing and it’s consequences than users like me.)

So there may need to be a separate blender package for nvidia proprietary software in non-free repo.

I understand, I think we’re on the same page on this.
It seems that other disro’s also include a version of Blender without CUDA support. So it’s quite common that you need to download it from Blender.org.

I myself am just starting to use Blender on Linux. I did a bit on a Macbook but just recently bought a cheap secondhand Nvidia card to speed things up. And that, well, won’t fit in a Macbook. :wink:

In the meantime I manage to get on IRC, as you might have seen. I’ll see if I can help out a bit. :slight_smile: