Notice: Updating in Lx 4.0 is messed up (Solved)

Updating Lx 4.0 is currently messed up due to problems with perl and some related packages. This issue is known, and reported to developers.

1 Like

There is a workaround until the idiot that did this fixes it:

$ sudo dnf clean all

$ sudo dnf -x=perl* -x=lib64perl5 upgrade

Note: The -x stands for exclude or --exclude.

1 Like

:joy: I wont complain, you deserve a meme :grin:

Hello Ben
I did some experimental troubleshooting, I removed perl packages and found that perl dependency were installed by packages quota and rsnapshot and when I try to reinstall them, they want to downgrade perl dependency hope if this might help you little to solve this issue. :metal:

Thanks for the input.

Lest anyone think I’m the brains behind I’m not. Basically I function as the village idiot. However as far as this issue goes I have not enjoyed being the idiot in front of other people…

Notice: This issue should be fixed as soon as your mirrors sync with abf-downloads.

I apologize for any inconvenience to users or package maintainers.

Any users seeing a package install or update fail because of perl* errors please report them here and we will get them corrected. This should be a simple matter of doing a rebuild in ABF.

FWIW: I don’t think there will be many packages affected by this. If I’m lucky none.

Note: Remember that dnf in OpenMandriva by default uses a mirror list. The mirror dnf uses for your location needs to be synced before these changes take affect on your system.