New OMLx 4.0 ISO available for testers

:+1:

Even if current cooker development release is way better than OMLx 3 has ever been imho, always keep in mind: cooker is cooker! :crazy_face:

1 Like

A post was split to a new topic: Few things found not working in Lx 4.0

6 posts were merged into an existing topic: Few things found not working in Lx 4.0

New X86_64 ISO # 2476 available for testers here .

Is it some reason that download from that server is very slow?
Its is more server that it can be uploaded to?

Hi since the announcement, I cannot access to the abf web server. Am I the only one?

I did not find the server slow, yesterday I downloaded ISO in few minutes.

All the development releases are only at ABF.
Once we’ll have RC out it will be available also at SourceForge, and maybe some alternative location too.

1 Like
 Problem: conflicting requests
  - nothing provides libgl1 needed by steam-1.0.0.61-1.x86_64
  - nothing provides libSDL1.2_0 needed by steam-1.0.0.61-1.x86_64
  - nothing provides libdbus-glib-1_2 needed by steam-1.0.0.61-1.x86_64
  - nothing provides libdbusmenu-gtk2_4 needed by steam-1.0.0.61-1.x86_64
  - nothing provides libdri-drivers needed by steam-1.0.0.61-1.x86_64
  - nothing provides libfreetype6 needed by steam-1.0.0.61-1.x86_64
  - nothing provides libgconf2_4 needed by steam-1.0.0.61-1.x86_64
  - nothing provides libgcrypt20 needed by steam-1.0.0.61-1.x86_64
  - nothing provides libgdk_pixbuf2.0_0 needed by steam-1.0.0.61-1.x86_64
  - nothing provides libglu1 needed by steam-1.0.0.61-1.x86_64
  - nothing provides libgtk-x11_2.0_0 needed by steam-1.0.0.61-1.x86_64
  - nothing provides libice6 needed by steam-1.0.0.61-1.x86_64
  - nothing provides liblcms2_2 needed by steam-1.0.0.61-1.x86_64
  - nothing provides libopenal1 needed by steam-1.0.0.61-1.x86_64
  - nothing provides libpango1.0_0 needed by steam-1.0.0.61-1.x86_64
  - nothing provides libpng16_16 needed by steam-1.0.0.61-1.x86_64
  - nothing provides libpulseaudio0 needed by steam-1.0.0.61-1.x86_64
  - nothing provides libsm6 needed by steam-1.0.0.61-1.x86_64
  - nothing provides libva1 needed by steam-1.0.0.61-1.x86_64
  - nothing provides libvdpau1 needed by steam-1.0.0.61-1.x86_64
  - nothing provides libvorbis0 needed by steam-1.0.0.61-1.x86_64
  - nothing provides libxcb-dri2_0 needed by steam-1.0.0.61-1.x86_64
  - nothing provides libxcb-glx0 needed by steam-1.0.0.61-1.x86_64
  - nothing provides libxtst6 needed by steam-1.0.0.61-1.x86_64
  - nothing provides libcurl4 >= 7.63.0 needed by steam-1.0.0.61-1.x

So not easy to install steam, did you have some fix? Its not a easy way to fix it?

Yes it is easy. Be patient. Wait until everything gets fixed. You are using cooker repositories which are always in development. I have every confidence that the @AngryPenguin will get this working soon enough.

Edit: Problems like this usually just mean a package needs to be rebuilt for updated dependencies. Again, just wait until developers have a chance to do this. This is why we keep tying to explain to you and other users the nature of using cooker. Expect problems. If you are using cooker and you expect no problems you will be disappointed. And after OM Lx 4.0 is released this part changes and users are seperated from development process. (Basically after repositories are split.)

You need to enable the 32-bit repositories – steam is mostly a 32-bit application, and therefore requires all sorts of 32-bit libraries (like all the ones you listed).

1 Like

But how to set up: https://pkgs.org/download/mandriva-control-center can i use this one? Or its other that i can use?

I think openmandriva LX 4 its not so bad to be in beta, but lot packes is missing or not setup.
I also have issue with LX3 but its works better, but did not have updated packages than LX4.
Its it some bug issue list? So i know what is wrong with LX4 beta?

Thanks @bero. Silly me I forgot all about 32 bit stuff. And that Steam is 32 bit dependent.

Apologies for my incorrect information above @lmh1. What @bero says should get you resolved as far as Steam.

However the points about cooker I stand by. But it’s like I’ve completely forgotten about 32 bit anything…

You need to enable the 32-bit repositories – steam is mostly a 32-bit application, and therefore requires all sorts of 32-bit libraries (like all the ones you listed).

I did not get answer about LX3, but i think i get error also with start steam.
So its more setup with openmandriva? Because its look like run steam runtime or diskspace error is a issue with openmandriva only, its works better with fedora\ubuntu or other distribution? Do you have idea why?

Did you ask a specific question?

This is weird. This is not Mandriva. That is not OpenMandriva repository. Why are you looking there are trying to install packages from there?

That package is gone, drakconf and drakxtools are gone. There is a replacement in development for OpenMandriva that users are welcome to try.

$ sudo dnf install om-control-center

It is not the same and needs time to be expanded and refined to meet user expectations. In other words Work In Progress.

Response deleted. I’m afraid I lost my proactive view for a moment.

Steam can be started with steam, or if its fail, steam --reset
But how to find out why its not running? I guess operatingsystem, i find out that, Steam did not works, if i add fedora steam with dnf i still get same error message, so i think its because of LX 4 operatingsystem not repo or configuration.
So its most be something with operatingsystem that is wrong.

Probably a PEBKAC issue.

You are messing this thread with all sort of questions, many of them unrelated to the purpose of the topic.

Open a new discussion for each issue (you have or you think you have) please.

1 Like

OK I’ll admit I am partially responsible for responding when perhaps I should have moderated instead.

This thread has gotten out of control so I’m going to close.

If any users have any issue open a new thread with a descriptive title and follow guidelines below:

Before opening a new topic, please read:

• Please help us to help you. If you cannot be bothered to spend even a little time in properly posting your question (it’s your issue - not ours), then you cannot expect that people - although good-willing - will bother to reply.

• If you need help with how to do any of this please ask and someone here will walk you through it.

• First of all please use “Search” function of the forum. Look if there is already any topic similar to yours.

• Choose the proper category/section of the forum.

• Choose a meaningful descriptive subject title (ex, no: “Help me!”, “It’s broken”, etc.)

• Posts like “Graphics broken” are useless unless you tell us what your graphic hardware is and what your graphic driver is. Again if you don’t know how to do this just ask us and someone will walk you through it. (“Graphics broken” is another example of bad title also.)

• Tag your post with relevant information.

• Write in correct language form. If you are not an English native, please check your text before posting by means of an online translator. Or write in your language and then use a translator and post that. (May be helpful to mention you used a translator.)

• If you are English native please write your text to be easily understandable by non-native English users. That means: use simple basic writing. Avoid slang, avoid idiomatic expressions unless you are sure they are actually worldwide recognized.

• Do not type in ALL CAPS, this is like shouting and perceived as rudeness.

• Specify your OpenMandriva version in use (currently: 2014.x, 3, 4, or Cooker) and the arch (i586 or 86_64); whether in VirtualBox or on real hardware.

• Specify your desktop environment: Plasma, LXQt, or other.

• Be precise in description of your issue: explain exactly what happens, in which condition, and what instead is the expected result. If necessary, give step to reproduce. Give external links (other projects bug-trackers, upstream Erratas, FAQs, or How-tos, etc.) it you think may be relevant.

• Provide screenshots if relevant. (Use the upload icon with the up arrow.)

• Provide logs and/or output of journalctl pertinent to issue. (journalctl is the system log.)

• Provide output of command: inxi -F -c 0. (This provides hardware information.)

• If console output is not in English preface commands with LC_ALL=C prefix - example:

# LC_ALL=C urpmi --auto-update.

This is because English is the common language used by all of our devlopers and package maintainers so this makes it easier for all to understand posted code.

• Post your code as code, (use the </> icon). Or if there is a lot of output (more than 20-30 lines) put the code in a .txt file and upload it with the upload (up arrow) icon. For really big files consider using Pastebin or a similar external service.

• Depending on your experience, give as much additional technical information as you think may be relevant, such as hardware, version of software, logs etc. If you don’t know what or how to do, we’ll help.

• Be patient, we are a small team, do our best. We may ask you for additional information, or give you actions to do.

• If your problem is solved, please mark which reply solved the problem.

• If you have found a solution on your own, please share it so that it will be available also for others at a later time.

• Also please post a short note about how your problem has been resolved, which way you have found is the best among different solutions may have been suggested. Again, this can be of great help to others afterwards.

• Be kind. Do not scrimp use of “Please” and “Thank you”. “Like” the posts to make people earn karma points in our forum instance. Make clear your appreciation for people who were dedicated in solving your issue. Courtesy never hurts.

• FWIW: Other Linux distributions such as Arch Linux, Fedora, Gentoo, openSUSE, and Ubuntu all have some pretty good wikis and documentation.

• Please help us to help you. If you cannot be bothered to spend even a little time in properly posting your question (it’s your issue - not ours), then you cannot expect that people - although good-willing - will bother to reply.