Loosing the system

how could I install the KDE isoimagewriter to try upgrade to 4.2 version without use the Control Center, a software pre-installed to burn USBs or a file .exe into the packages available to download?

The command to install a package is dnf install <package> the command to remove a package is dnf remove <package>. KDE image writer is not available for OM Lx 4.0. So use ROSA image writer. Both of those are very simple applications that just copy to flash drive with the dd command. Functionally they are the same. To install ROSA image writer:

$ sudo dnf install rosa-imagewriter

ROSA image writer is well tested in OM Lx and folks have been using it for a long time. KDE image writer is available in our Rolling branch and will be available with OM Lx 4.3.

1 Like

but can I try it to install 4.2 version?

@m.i.k.a after installing OM Lx 4.2 this and this are a helpful resource. This includes the following:

https://wiki.openmandriva.org/en/policies/repositories-tldr

And a lot more.

Of course. Why not?

Post-edit: That is why I wrote:

@m.i.k.a This is a How to Install for Lx 4.3. Just pretend it is saying 4.2 the steps to install are the same.

Post-edit: Removed. The steps in the Lx 4.3 install How To should be fine for Lx 4.2. But please do let us know how you get on. Feedback helps a lot.

@ben79, I couldn’t install the Firefox 93.0 package using this command line. Anyway, when I wrote “su -c usuario dnf install”, I received these two feedbacks:

-compressed: “permission denied”
-descompressed: “: symbol lookup error: /home/usuario/Downloads/firefox/libxul.so: undefined symbol: gdk_screen_get_monitor_scale_factor”

Maybe its because the OM 4.0.12 version but its just a possibility… Can you translate it for me?

Option 2:

https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/all/#product-desktop-release

select your language, download;
extract archive in a directory at your choice in your home.
The executable is firefox.

I did it first, for sure… but I’ll try again thru this URL. txs @rugyada!

there are a bad way for me again, @rugyada. the file isn’t executable with a double click.

@m.i.k.a I seem to be confused as to what you want to do?

We probably need to back up and find out exactly what you have on your computer. Could you post the out put of these commands here please:

Post-edit: Posted as code the results would look similar to but not the same as this:

[ben79@R5-Z-3767 ~]$ uname -a     
Linux R5-Z-3767 5.11.12-desktop-1omv4002 #1 SMP PREEMPT Thu Apr 8 22:12:12 UTC 2021 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux
[ben79@R5-Z-3767 ~]$ dnf repolist
repo id                                                                                         repo name
rock-updates-znver1                                                                             OpenMandriva Rock - znver1 - Updates
rock-updates-znver1-non-free                                                                    OpenMandriva Rock - Non-free - znver1 - Updates
rock-updates-znver1-restricted                                                                  OpenMandriva Rock - Restricted - znver1 - Updates
rock-updates-znver1-unsupported                                                                 OpenMandriva Rock - Unsupported - znver1 - Updates
rock-znver1                                                                                     OpenMandriva Rock - znver1
rock-znver1-non-free                                                                            OpenMandriva Rock - Non-free - znver1
rock-znver1-restricted                                                                          OpenMandriva Rock - Restricted - znver1
rock-znver1-unsupported                                                                         OpenMandriva Rock - Unsupported - znver1

Or if you post that information as a screenshot it would look similar to but not the same as this:

1 Like

ok guys, I’ll follow your recomendations to post out put that repo commands. but just to clear, I already reinstall the OM LX 4.0.12 thru a boot USB disk and now I’m trying upgrade the Firefox 38 for some newest version before upgrade my OM.

at this moment, the Mozilla’s automatic upgrade is being denied for lack of admistrative permissions; the files .exe of the packages aren’t executable after the download, as the 93.0 version available in the website’s navigator; and any program is available in the Control Center.

@ben79 and @rugyada, the command “dnf” is not being recognized [ bash: dnf: command not found ], as user or root.

uname -a

Linux localhost 4.5.5-1oem #1 SMP Wed Jun 1 08:48:05 BRT 2016 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

cat /etc/os-release

@rugyada, its gave me more details:

NAME=“OpenMandriva Lx”
VERSION=“2014.0 (Phosphorus)”
ID=“openmandriva_association”
VERSION ID=2014.0
BUILD ID=20150517.15
PRETTY NAME=“OpenMandriva Lx 2014.0 (Phosphorus)”
ANSI_COLOR=“1;43”
CPE NAME=“cpe:/o:openmandriva_association:openmandriva_lx:2014.0”
HOME_URL=“http://openmandriva.org/
BUG REPORT_URL=“https://issues.openmandriva.org/

not the latest and brightest I’m afraid.
PS>
will give you a link to something more recent.

yes, I think so… but to upgrade the OM I need some way to do. I’m trying begin for the navigator as a test before download other iso image writer to install a new OM version.