Latest os-prober broken

Hi All,
My recent update to os-prober just released into updates appears to have and issue. I will try and fix it asap.
Meanwhile please skip this update either by putting it in the urpmi skip.list located in /etc/urpmi/ or do not select for upgarding. If you have installed it and you try to run grub2-mkconfig either manually or automatically when a new kernel is installed it will appear to lock up. Pressing ctrl-c will free the terminal without harming anything. The grub file is not updated so you may still boot. If you really must update to the latest kernel you can do it like this. “sudo grub2-mkconfig -o /boot/grub2/grub.cfg” then hit ctrl-c then run the command a second time and your grub.cfg will be updated
You will get an error message about a filesystem still being mounted. You can either reboot and the filessytem will not be mounted when you reboot. Alternatively you can run "sudo umount -l /var/lib/os-prober/mount to do this manually.
My apologies for this oversight I will fix asap.

Just installed it, waiting for the fix …

Fixed package now in testing; Adelson let me know that it works for you and I’ll push it.
Colin

Ok. This night. But, if I understand correctly, the problem with os-prober is not noticed if one doesn’t update grub. Do you suggest I try something like

grub2-update

To test the new os-prober package?

yes you could do that or more directly.
sudo grub-mkconfig -o /boot/grub2/grub.cfg
Colin

We are talking about:

# rpm -qa os-prober
os-prober-1.76-3-omv2015.0.x86_64

Maybe fixed for some people but for me it breaks Linux multi-boot. I can no longer boot in to openSUSE and Manjaro partitions. This was also broken with version 1.76.2. Last worked with version 1.76.1.

Edit: Wait a minute, maybe I wrote the above incorrectly. os-prober is picking up the other Linux partitions I just can’t boot in to them so is it os-prober or grub2 issue?

Downgraded os-prober and problem booting other Linux systems persists. So this indicates problem lies elsewhere. So I’ll start a new thread in Support for separate issue.

Collin,

I have set testing repos for updating. They look like this,

http://abf-downloads.openmandriva.org/3.0/repository/x86_64/main/testing

and the same for contrib and non-free.

They all appear at MCC=>Configure media sources for install and updates

But I don’t see a new os-prober in MCC => Install & Remove Software
What is wrong? Where is this new os-prober?

line commands,

$ urpmi os-prober
Package os-prober-1.76-2-omv2015.0.x86_64 is already installed

Are this new packages on cooker/testing only?

Did you update your media? “sudo urpmi.update -a” I could see it in the testing repo at abf-downloads.openmandriva.org

Ok.

Installed.

Did as root (guess you can translate to english) with no problem:

# grub2-mkconfig -o /boot/grub2/grub.cfg
Generating grub configuration file ...
Tema encontrado: /boot/grub2/themes/OpenMandriva/theme.txt
Plano de fundo encontrado: /boot/grub2/themes/OpenMandriva/terminal_background.png
Imagem Linux encontrada: /boot/vmlinuz-4.14.14-desktop-22omv
Imagem initrd encontrada: /boot/d8d4e462f9ab43c0a6e07e6c10c4137e/4.14.14-desktop-22omv/initrd
Imagem Linux encontrada: /boot/vmlinuz-4.14.2-desktop-1omv
Imagem initrd encontrada: /boot/d8d4e462f9ab43c0a6e07e6c10c4137e/4.14.2-desktop-1omv/initrd
Imagem Linux encontrada: /boot/vmlinuz-4.13.12-desktop-2omv
Imagem initrd encontrada: /boot/d8d4e462f9ab43c0a6e07e6c10c4137e/4.13.12-desktop-2omv/initrd
Imagem Linux encontrada: /boot/vmlinuz-4.13.4-desktop-1omv
Imagem initrd encontrada: /boot/d8d4e462f9ab43c0a6e07e6c10c4137e/4.13.4-desktop-1omv/initrd
Imagem Linux encontrada: /boot/vmlinuz-4.13.2-desktop-2omv
Imagem initrd encontrada: /boot/d8d4e462f9ab43c0a6e07e6c10c4137e/4.13.2-desktop-2omv/initrd
Imagem Linux encontrada: /boot/vmlinuz-4.11.3-desktop-2omv
Imagem initrd encontrada: /boot/initrd-4.11.3-desktop-2omv.img
Found memtest image: /boot/elf-memtest86+
concluído

Rebooting …

Is there supposed to be another operating system there? You can see there isn’t.

That looks ok to me. I’ve just run it again on my system and am checking the output file

Rebooted.

Yes, no other operating system.

I can try with my wife’s computer where there is a W8 in dual boot, if it helps somehow. In this case, should I try booting the W8?

So it was ok for you Adelson?
I’ve just generated a new grub.cfg and it looks ok here.
What is going on with your system I wonder Ben?
Can you post the grub2.cfg generated?

As far as I could see and to my limited knowledge on this, I see no problem.

Ah! I forgot to mention that the package os-prober-173-3 has Bad signatures. That is the only problem I could report.

Yes that’s ok because it comes from the testing repo. Once it’s published the signaturers will be applied.