Latest KDE updates in main-testing introduce incompatible Qt library issue (Lx 3) (July 19, 2018)

I believe @TPG has made some new KFrameworks or some other KDE packages available. Thanks for the packages @TPG your hard work is appreciated.

I did notice (so far) a couple of issues or maybe it is all one issue probably related to Qt libraries? Updated packages in main-testing today introduce this:

$ quassel
Cannot mix incompatible Qt library (version 0x50602) with this library (version 0x50906)
Aborted (core dumped)

$ dolphin
Shortcut for action  "open_in_KLook" "Preview" set with QAction::setShortcut()! Use KActionCollection::setDefaultShortcut(s) instead.
QObject::connect: No such slot DolphinMainWindow::focusChanged(QWidget*,QWidget*)
QObject::connect:  (receiver name: 'Dolphin#1')
org.kde.dolphin: Ignore KIO url: QUrl("timeline:/today")
org.kde.dolphin: Ignore KIO url: QUrl("timeline:/yesterday")
org.kde.dolphin: Ignore KIO url: QUrl("timeline:/thismonth")
org.kde.dolphin: Ignore KIO url: QUrl("timeline:/lastmonth")
org.kde.dolphin: Ignore KIO url: QUrl("search:/documents")
org.kde.dolphin: Ignore KIO url: QUrl("search:/images")
org.kde.dolphin: Ignore KIO url: QUrl("search:/audio")
org.kde.dolphin: Ignore KIO url: QUrl("search:/videos")
qt.accessibility.core: Cannot create accessible child interface for object:  PlacesView(0xb72ef0)  index:  25
Cannot mix incompatible Qt library (version 0x50602) with this library (version 0x50906)
Aborted (core dumped)

Quassel is now broken and does not open. Dolphin opens but core dumps if I try to rename a file.

These are the updated packages: Updated-July-19-2018.txt (5.7 KB)

As always let me know if there is anything else I can do or provide.

Perhaps this is because Qt was updated to 5.9.6 earlier this week. By that I mean the new Qt 5.9.6 packages are in main-updates repo so all packages relying on Qt need to be built for Qt 5.9.6.

Post-edit: But Y’all know I’m not a dev so this is ‘speculation’ on my part.

the problem was that qt5-qtspeech was not updated to 5.9.6, and ktextwidget was updated. i’m not sure why that caused things to fail but hey.

so once qt5-qtspeech is rebuilt and ktextwidget on top of that, everything works ok again.

1 Like

OK, thanks for that @crisb.

@crisb: Thanks

1 Like