I’m thinking that the purpose here is to get a test procedure and checklist that we can actually get users to use.
So in that spirit I submit a slightly revised Checklist and am applying it to the ISO’s # 3674 x86_64 and # 3673 znver1
(Very basic and simple)
For QA and testers:
- Do md5 and sha1 checksums match >>> Yes, Yes
- Does iso burn to usb stick >>> Yes, Yes
- Does the grub2 boot screen appear >>> Yes, Yes
- Do the options in grub2 menu screen work >>> Yes, Yes
- Does ISO boot to multi-user.target >>> Yes, Yes
- Does ISO boot to graphical.target >>> Yes, Yes
- Does autologin for live user work >>> Yes, Yes
- Does default graphical desktop show after autologin >>> Yes, Yes
- Is default graphical desktop useable (basics, like menu, file manager, web browser) (Better if you can check that everything you can think of on the 'Live" desktop at lease opens or functions) >>> Yes, Yes
- Does ISO install on your hardware >>> Yes, Yes
- Does ISO boot in VirtualBox >>> Yes, Yes
- Does ISO install in VirtualBox >>> I did not do this yet. (Experience with recent similar ISO’s suggest this will not be a problem.)
- Use your installed system as you normally would. Check everything you can think of that would be important or essential to you. Report any issues. Issues other users can help with report on Forum. Major issues or issues that need a developer to resolve need to have a Bug Report.
Reminder: Forum is essentially users helping other users, more technical or difficult issue need a Bug Report.
Explanation for # 5 Does ISO boot to multi-user.target > This is Grub2 Menu>Troubleshooting>Start OpenMandriva Lx live in CLI mode You will see a login prompt, use live to login as live or root to login as root (no password)
Explanation for # 6 Does ISO boot to graphical.target > If the answer to #'s 6 and 7 are Yes this is obviously also Yes
Explanation for # 9 Is default graphical desktop useable > Different users find things in this category that others miss. Seems like someone in our contributor group always finds things I miss.
Any other explanations needed will supply upon request.