KDE Wallet Opens Every Time I Boot Into OpenMandriva After Upgrade

This never happened until after the recent upgrade. Every time I boot into OpenMandriva, KDE Wallet pops up. I have to enter the wallet password so my wireless connection gets its password to connect.

I tried editing /home/ME/.config/kwalletrc with this:

[Wallet]
Enabled=false
First Use=false

This got rid of the wallet popping up, but now I have to enter the password for my wireless connection every time OpenMandriva boots up. Since there was no gain doing that, I switched it back to:

[Wallet]
First Use=false

How can I get it to work as it did before the upgrade where the wallet didn’t pop up asking for its password, and the wireless network kept its password and connected?

I’m not on a Plasma system right now to check… Having said that, if you’re not wanting to use the wallet, and you just want your password to be saved, then I’m pretty sure you can do all of that in the System Settings GUI safely without editing files directly. I always disable the wallet and file search on my Plasma installs if I’m using them, among a few changes I make. You can open System Settings and search for ‘wallet’ and you’ll get a screen… There are two pretty obvious checkboxes I uncheck and save for that. For the wireless password, you should be able to search for ‘connections’ and find your wireless connection, open that, enter the password in the correct field for the connection, and save. I believe these actions will get you where I believe you want to be. If not, please respond again.

I not wanting to necessarily disable the wallet as I have passwords for network shares and such in it. I am mostly just wondering if a bug has been introduced. Pam issue maybe?

I’m experiencing the same issue. I’m currently using a custom awesomeWM & Quickshell setup that I’ve configured, so I thought that could be the problem. I tried logging in as my wife’s user on our laptop (she’s not a fan of tiling WMs so sticks with Plasma), and the same Kwallet pop up showed asking for her password a 2nd time.

I did some digging, and it looks like there’s currently a bug filed with KDE here: https://bugs.kde.org/show_bug.cgi?id=523878

Granted, that bug is from Aug. 2026 and is reported on kf6-wallet version 6.26.0, but it seems like the same thing is happening on my system with kf6-wallet-6.29.0-1