KDE Connect problem

Hello,

OMV LX 3.03

KDE

Tried KDE Connect today and, although simple things like dialing the cell phone was working fine, I could not browse the cell phone content. After a few attempts (connect-disconnect-…), a message of “unable to mount device” popped up. A second attempt with another cell phone and another computer also did not work.

Is anybody else experiencing this problem? Does anybody know why and how to fix it?

Thanks

• Relevant informations (hardware involved, software version, logs or output…):
1 Like

Forgot to mention that systems are up to date here…

1 Like

Still having problems with this ?
I have never been able to mount the phones file system via wi fi , I have always had to use a usb cable
hooked up to the phone and computer to view the file system on the phone , but you can still transfer files
via the download folder
post # 24 in support https://forum3.openmandriva.org/t/kio-mtp-not-working/1680/24?u=jimmyc

1 Like

Looks like we have identified where OM support is not great or even good. We should encourage users like @adelson.oliveira and @jimmyc to help our devs make this better. How can we do this?

Tags (to get peoples attention to this subject): @bero, @Colin, @dsilakov, @fedya, @raphael, @rugyada, @TPG

Hi, can’t check this right now because I’m traveling and the hotel network seems to break KDE connect totally – has anyone checked if this works on cooker? I don’t think this is something we want to fix for an old release unless the fix turns out to be super simple, but we should definitely fix it for 4.0.

1 Like

Yea, that’s basically what I am trying to get at.

To do this effectively the testing needs to be done by people that actually use this as they will catch things someone who does not use will miss. So we desperately need to get people like @adelson.oliveira and @jimmyc involved in testing Lx 4. If they only just boot the Cooker/Lx4 ISO and try it from the Live environment we will make a great improvement in catching and fixing issues that matter to our users. I fully intend to push that idea of users that have never tested before to just boot the ISO ‘Live’ and try things, check things that are important to them.

In the vein @adelson.oliveira and @jimmyc Y’all can try this ISO in ‘Live’ mode and report what you find whenever you wish. That will be a great help to devs in making this work for Lx 4. (Just keep in mind that this is a pre-ALPHA ISO that will have some issues/things not working yet and will only get better.)

Off topic note: I’m in OT territory here. Testing on hardware is best and we need more of that than we have. But we gotta find ways to do what ever we can to use people here in the forum to help with Making OpenMandriva Great Again. Maybe we should get some MOMGA baseball caps to award helpful users?

(Aside: Paraphrasing the orange man is giving me the yips!)

Latest commit is for version 1.3.3, 5 days ago.

A link to this commit may help to warn package maintainer there is a related discussion :slight_smile:

1 Like

there is a way to solve this but it requires eliminating the safeguards that protect your phones file system from intrusion by anyone .
in other words you would have to give a straight 7 permission for this to work on an android . ( at least on my phone anyway )
so I stick with the usb cord.

1 Like

It seems linked already by someone or something called omakuta. And yes that is something that would seem like it shoulb very helpful.

@ben79 omakuta is a bot, as I mentioned the commit, a linkback to here is created.

https://forum3.openmandriva.org/t/new-features-for-our-forum-and-matrix-rooms-bridged-with-irc/1909

we’ve never needed anything else than KDE Connect installed in the computer and the Android. The only thing to do is allowing KDE Connect at firewall and I did it.

Since a long time now usb connection doesn’t work here for MTP protocol.

I would like to try it but it will take a while …

after looking at your initial post , I noticed " fuse:missing mount point parameter "
on the last line of the first command line response .

$ LC_ALL=C mtpfs
Listing raw device(s)
Device 0 (VID=22b8 and PID=2e62) is a Motorola Moto X (XT1053).
Found 1 device(s):
Motorola: Moto X (XT1053) (22b8:2e62) @ bus 2, dev 122
Attempting to connect device
Android device detected, assigning default bug flags
Listing File Information on Device with name: (NULL)
fuse: missing mountpoint parameter

$ LC_ALL=C mtpfs
Listing raw device(s)
Device 0 (VID=22b8 and PID=2e62) is a Motorola Moto X (XT1053).
Found 1 device(s):
Motorola: Moto X (XT1053) (22b8:2e62) @ bus 2, dev 33
Attempting to connect device
PTP_ERROR_IO: failed to open session, trying again after resetting USB interface
LIBMTP libusb: Attempt to reset device
inep: usb_get_endpoint_status(): No such device
outep: usb_get_endpoint_status(): No such device
libusb_open() failed!: No such device
LIBMTP PANIC: Could not init USB on second attempt
Unable to open raw device 0

I’m going to do some reading on this , and tinker :slight_smile:

@ben79 can I burn that iso on a live dvd ? to tinker with it ?

Yes, of course. Or burn to USB flash drive.