Installation Question

Hello,

• OpenMandriva Lx version: Rome

• Desktop environment (KDE, LXQT…): Kde Plasma

H

• Description of the issue (screenshots if relevant): Hi all. My attempts to install and use OpenMandriva Rome rolling are not going well. After installation, when attempting to upgrade the system, the boot configuration is broken, and I cannot get in at all. The initial boot seems to be ok. But upgrading all packages is my downfall.
    I can boot the installation media. I have tried to recover the boot using chroot, but this is not going well. I keep getting an error /bin/bash command not found. And it is very time consuming - just for me to get to first base - a useable Rome system.
    Can you point me to a Rome download that has upgraded packages that may help with this impasse? Currently hundreds of packages are being upgraded post install. Maybe a newer ISO will help.

• Relevant informations (hardware involved, software version, logs or output…):

Hello @brm
Welcome

https://abf.openmandriva.org/platforms/rolling/products/7/product_build_lists/2818

Note: I did not test it yet.

Welcome @brm to OpenMandriva and our forum. This forum is for users of OpenMandriva Linux operating systems.

We are a small group. All the contributors and developers here are unpaid volunteers.

You are welcome to talk to our developers at OpenMandriva Chat.

The first thing when a new user has an issue is to look in the documentation for OMLx. OpenMandriva wiki and Forum Resources guide.

If you don’t find what you are looking for try an Internet search (googling). One can find out a lot from documentation or forum posts at other Linux distros. If user finds something written for another distro but you have some doubt ask at OpenMandriva Chat.

For serious technical issues and package/feature requests please file a bug report here.

ROME ISO # 2818 installed in VBox. I am confident it would work on hardware just fine. And that should get you past that boot issue.

Hi. Update on my earlier post. OpenMandriva Rome is up an running. I struggled with using Chroot and then Grub2 command line to try and resolve this. I ended up reinstalling. I am not sure what changed but OpenMandriva is installed and booting correctly.
Once installed I used the command
sudo dnf clean all ; sudo dnf --allowerasing distro-sync to update the system.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.