Installation problem OpenMandrivaLx4.2 iso downloaded from a official website

Hello,
Good morning everyone

I’m happy to return into OpenMandrivaLX4 experience after a Long period of absence.

So I’ve tried to install OpemMadrivaLX4.2 from website via iso image.

I have burned iso into a usb-flash-card and use it to launch the live.

Into openmandrivaLX4.2 live on my notebook I have launched the installation program.

I need to a manual partitioning of my hd because in the beginning on it I need to leave windows 7 OS, so I have tried to use manual partitioning installation tool.

I have settled my linux partitions as I need and when I went to start installation the program abort during partitioning of hd, in particular I found that the program tried to delete partition 7 (that I have created just ok) and recreate it with a mount point /run???
After that the installation abort.

The partition recreated abnormally it’s impossible to delete via kpartded but only via fdisk but if I try to install again the same problem occurs.

I’m stuck with this problem and can’t do nothing to recover.

Can you help me about please?.

Many thanks and best Regards.

Giorgio

• _OpenMandriva Lx version: Lx4.2 first Installation

• Desktop environment (KDE, LXQT…):

• Description of the issue (screenshots if relevant):

• Relevant informations (hardware involved, software version, logs or output…):

1 Like

We will need more information to help. But great question and one that applies to anyone installing any version of OM Lx.

What to do is explained here. You can use a translator to translate that to your language.

You can find solutions to many problems by looking in the Forum Resource Index or in our OM Wiki.

2 Likes

fwiw there is a more fresh 4.2 ISO here. 3 months newer.

2 Likes

Many thanks

I’l try to retry install with that release and will report about the results.
I think I’l be better either I send a more precise report about the problem :wink:
tnx!!

2 Likes

If you post here at a minimum run the installer from Konsole like this:

$ pkexec calamares -d | tee /home/live/calamares-installation-log.txt

and attach the log file created in your post here. This is explained in more detail in that article.

Edit: Combine screen shots of what you do with partitioning step with that log if possible.

1 Like

Hereafter what I’m able to log about the problem during manual partitioning install.

I have resolved the problem preparing partitions using kde-partition and next, after run install, into manual partition modifying only the mounting points of the partitions in which I needed to install OpenMandriva (/boot, /root, /home and swap).
In this way I achieved the installation without errors because it was non necessary to create new partitions during installation.
I think the problem occurs if it is necessary to create a new partition during installation program.

I remain available for any further information.
Best Regards
Giorgio

IMG_6404
IMG_6405
IMG_6406
IMG_6407
IMG_6408
IMG_6409

hello

from boot USB iso OMV 4.2

can you report

inxi -Fza ( add inxi if possible )
test -d /sys/firmware/efi && echo efi || echo bios 

You have a DOS partition table if you want to keep what you have you can’t switch to a GPT partition table.

Nice to read you, Colin
yes I know I have windows 7 installed.
But now I’m working with OpernMandriva 4.2 installed OK like I mentioned before.
Bypassing partitions manual creation during installation.

Thanks