Installation of Pinta requires missing Mono providers

Hello, once more :slight_smile:

• OpenMandriva Lx version:

5.0 Technical preview

• Desktop environment (KDE, LXQT…):

KDE

• Description of the issue (screenshots if relevant):

I tried to install Pinta instead of Krita. Unfortunately this can not be done because it needs mono-addins which are available but can not be installed (see below). I tried to install mono manually but this does not fix this issue and a manually installation of mono-addins is not possible (same error message) although the mono-package is installed.

• Relevant informations (hardware involved, software version, logs or output…):
$ sudo dnf install pinta
Letzte Prüfung auf abgelaufene Metadaten: vor 10:26:31 am Sa 06 Aug 2022 22:37:52.
Fehler: 
 Problem: package pinta-1.7-1.znver1 requires mono-addins, but none of the providers can be installed
  - conflicting requests
  - nothing provides mono(mscorlib) = 4.0.0.0 needed by mono-addins-1.3.3-2.noarch
  - nothing provides mono(Mono.Cairo) = 4.0.0.0 needed by mono-addins-1.3.3-2.noarch
  - nothing provides mono(ICSharpCode.SharpZipLib) = 4.84.0.0 needed by mono-addins-1.3.3-2.noarch
  - nothing provides mono(Mono.Posix) = 4.0.0.0 needed by mono-addins-1.3.3-2.noarch
(try to add '--skip-broken' to skip uninstallable packages)

I hope this helps :slight_smile:

I did not take znver1 ISO-File to install, but x86-64, that TP cooker
repo has mono

as seen in dnfDrake, as well as pinta.x86_64 is available.

Also possible reason: did you do sudo dnf clean all ; sudo dnf dsync after install ?

I did, yes. And I also found and installed mono but that does not solve the problem unfortunately as pinta needs mono-addins and this package - although available - refuses to install with the error I posted above. :slight_smile:

Have you been able to successfully install pinta in the 5.0 TP?

1 Like

I try now , even I do not now what Pinta is :slightly_smiling_face:

YOU are right, same ERROR here, even I still do not know what Pinta
is :slightly_smiling_face:

:sweat_smile:

Thanks for trying. It is a program for drawing and image editing. Not as professional as krita though. It is more for casual use. :wink:

oh coool, now you are forced to use krita :slightly_smiling_face:

AND also there is our error reporting about PINTA : - )

1 Like

At least until this is fixed, yes. :sweat_smile:

1 Like