Install Megasync in OpenMandriva

Hello,

• OpenMandriva Lx version:
    Lx4.1

• Desktop environment (KDE, LXQT…):
    KDE

• Description of the issue (screenshots if relevant):
    I am new to OpenMandriva and I would like to know if someone can tell me how to install Megasync. In the official packages they are only for Fedora, OpenSuse, Ubuntu … Thanks.

• Relevant informations (hardware involved, software version, logs or output…):

Welcome @carlosigls

I’ll try to help:

1. The packages here are made by MEGA, it would seem the first step would be to ask them. They are the people that know this software not OpenMandriva.

2. A. As far as installing it yourself you would likely need to compile it yourself instructions for that are at:

MEGA on Github

1. B. That would be fun, the first thing a user would encounter is that the user has to figure out all the correct names for package dependencies. Most of the names won’t be the same as they are for *edora or *buntu. If you need help with this the best place to ask for help is #openmandriva @ Freenode IRC.

2. You can also make a package request as explained here. If someone does decide to package this software for OM Lx it would most likely be for Lx 4.2 not Lx 4.1. (OM Lx 4.2 RC is released so Final release will likely be in 7-14 days unless someone finds a big bug.)

3. If you want to participate in package development, or package management yourself then we would love to have the help. Contact us on #openmandriva @ Freenode IRC.

4. I hope this is helpful.

This is general explanation intended for all users illumination:

OpenMandriva is a small group of all volunteer, part-time, and unpaid contributors. At present every contributor has more on our “To Do” list than we can do. OpenMandriva is designed to be a Community distribution of Linux. This means we won’t hesitate to ask people in the OM Community to do things for themselves or for the distro.

At present this very small group has our collective energy focused on getting OM Lx 4.2 ready to release.

Also we really need donations. Our yearly budget is not enough for even one part-time human. (The shirts are very nice, I bought a couple myself.)

Hello, thanks for the advice, I have found an intermediate solution, using the Firefox extension, it is not the same, but it works the same for me.

1 Like

Upstream package should work here.

Go to mega website and download .rpm package for Fedora

then open terminal and install it with this command:

sudo rpm -i --nodeps package_name.rpm
(where package name is name newly downloaded mega installer)

Then install from system repository lib64mediainfo0

Now you can launch aplication

1 Like

Thank you very much, it works perfectly.

1 Like