# urpmi task-mate

Then in ‘/usr/share/xsessions’ I create a file ‘mate.desktop’ with:

[Desktop Entry]
Type=Application
Exec=startmate
TryExec=mate-session
Name=Mate Desktop
Comment=Lightweight GTK Desktop

and it will open from sddm login screen as any other desktop. Don’t know if this is the best way, if there are improvements/enhancements/betterway let me know.

Edit: Had to force install of ‘libwnck3-3.14.0-1-omv2015.0.x86_64’.

1 Like

I’m trying to update MATE to version 1.18. Now many big problems are (quite) completrly solved (except for breeze-icons which will solved with version 5.41.0, the same as in cooker).

Testers may use packages in my own repo by using the following commands (warning: test it only in a dedicate vbox or you’ll break your system):

urpme `urpmq --requires mate-task | cut -d\  -f2 | cut -d\[ -f1` openmandriva-mate-config
urpme --auto-orphans
urpmi.update mandian_personal
sudo urpmi task-mate openmandriva-mate-config

I’m waiting for further bug report from tester :flushed: (well I know there is still some small bugs but none too big to affect everyday work :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:)

Meanwhile ASAP I will start to push my MATE packages into offical _cooker_repository :slight_smile: .

2 Likes

I forgot to mention you need to add my personal repository, if you haven,'t already done:

urpmi.addmedia --no-verify mandian_personal http://abf-downloads.openmandriva.org/mandian_personal/repository/3.0/x86_64/main/release