How to get cinnamon desktop?

Thanks to @crisb now Cinnamon is 3.2.8 is in repo!

Of note: The bug report (https://issues.openmandriva.org/show_bug.cgi?id=2102) still says ā€˜In Progressā€™.

So I run ā€˜urpmi cinnamonā€™ and 85 packages install. There are ā€˜Cinnamonā€™ and ā€˜Cinnamon (Software Rendering)ā€™ entries now in sddm login page. If I select ā€˜Cinnamonā€™ I get a black, unresponsive desktop with 3 Icons in upper left corner for donate, join, and welcome. Also there is an error dialog box:

ā€œCinnamon just crashed. You are currently in Fallback Mode.ā€

Selecting ā€˜Cinnamon (Software Rendering)ā€™ merely gets the black, unresponsive desktop with 3 Icons in upper left corner. So how do you get it to work? Hereā€™s pastebin of packages installed.

https://pastebin.com/nx0BzhQi

I am aware itā€™s still in progress in fact many things are still broken, but I see the update and I just make a flying test :wink:

I donā€™t remember all modifications I did and Iā€™ll wait for next iso before to perform a fresh install.

Whatā€™s in your ~/.xsession-errors?

I think Iā€™ll do the same with Cinnamon and Mate. Lets let crisb do his work first.

Oddly nothing, maybe because I have to Ctl>Alt>Delete out of Cinnamon to return to sddm login screen?

$ cat ~/.xsession-errors
cat: /home/ben79/.xsession-errors: No such file or directory

Same here. Iā€™d rather wait for a new ISO and so a fresh install.
At worst, If things go for long I will try another install of the same ISO.

I tried with build 993 and I experienced the same as @ben79 so I analysed my ~/.xsession-errors and I discovered there is still a missing dependency. So I installed it
sudo urpmi lib64xfixes-gir4.0
and now Cinnamon is working again. Maybe there are some other missing packages because some other thinks, such as Cinnamon Control Center, donā€™t work.

Itā€™s a problem of python version: usr/bin/cinnamon-settings is a python3 script which calls usr/bin/cinnamon-settings which is a python2 script so python2-pexpect is needed too (cinnamon only requires python-pexpect)