Hello everyone, have a nice day.
- ROME 23.03 znver1
- Plasma on PC 1; LXQt given up, then supplemented with Plasma on PC 2
- software versions according to dnfdragora and Discover: everything in its current version
- “About System” (information) screen output:
Operating System: OpenMandriva ROME 23.03
KDE Plasma Version: 5.27.3
KDE Frameworks Version: 5.104.0
Qt Version: 5.15.8
Kernel Version: 6.2.6-desktop-1omv2390 (64-bit)
Graphics Platform: Wayland [for now; suggestions welcome]
Processors: [last few years’ mainstream ones]
Graphics Processor: [a tap older than CPUs; still running fine]
As the LXQt-Plasma partition on PC 2 works significantly worse than the native Plasma partition on PC 1, I want to copy the whole OMLx partition #1 to replace #2 with it. So both PCs would have the same OMLx partition afterwards.
- Can I at least try that despite the CPU and motherboard of PC 1 are two generations ahead of PC 2? They still have the same CPU socket, core count and memory placement.
- At least one of the OMLx partitions is encrypted, I think. Is it still possible?
- Can I do it with dd like shown in the following link?
How to Clone a Partition or Hard drive in Linux