Help for install nvidia drivers

Hello,

• OpenMandriva Lx 5.0 Rock:

• Desktop environment (KDE):

when I use the openmandriva tool for nvidia, I get error messages regarding repositories,

Errors during downloading metadata for repository ‘rock-x86_64’:

Error: Failed to download metadata for repo ‘rock-x86_64’: Cannot download repomd.xml: Cannot download repodata/repomd.xml: All mirrors were tried

and I have the same message for all repositories. Same in dnfdrake, if I click on system update, I get error messages,
sorry for my english, i use a translator.

Hello,
in order:

1. please post output of
    sudo dnf clean all;dnf clean all;dnf repolist

Hello,

[rockpower@openmandriva-x8664 ~]$ sudo dnf clean all;dnf clean all;dnf repolist
[sudo] Mot de passe de rockpower : 
0 fichier supprimé
0 fichier supprimé
id du dépôt                                                                                     nom du dépôt
rock-testing-x86_64                                                                             OpenMandriva Rock - x86_64 - Testing
rock-testing-x86_64-non-free                                                                    OpenMandriva Rock - Non-free - x86_64 - Testing
rock-testing-x86_64-restricted                                                                  OpenMandriva Rock - Restricted - x86_64 - Testing
rock-testing-x86_64-unsupported                                                                 OpenMandriva Rock - Unsupported - x86_64 - Testing
rock-updates-x86_64                                                                             OpenMandriva Rock - x86_64 - Updates
rock-updates-x86_64-non-free                                                                    OpenMandriva Rock - Non-free - x86_64 - Updates
rock-updates-x86_64-restricted                                                                  OpenMandriva Rock - Restricted - x86_64 - Updates
rock-updates-x86_64-unsupported                                                                 OpenMandriva Rock - Unsupported - x86_64 - Updates
rock-x86_64                                                                                     OpenMandriva Rock - x86_64
rock-x86_64-non-free                                                                            OpenMandriva Rock - Non-free - x86_64
rock-x86_64-restricted                                                                          OpenMandriva Rock - Restricted - x86_64
rock-x86_64-unsupported                                                                         OpenMandriva Rock - Unsupported - x86_64

See
https://wiki.openmandriva.org/en/policies/repositories-tldr
https://wiki.openmandriva.org/en/policies/repositories-tldr#media-sources

Common users should never enable /testing repos in stable release.

- Open Software Repository Selector
- Disable testing repo
- Keep the additional repos unsupported, restricted and non-free if you want so

- Change Update Channel from Rock to Release

Confirm choice and type password when required

- sudo dnf clean all;dnf clean all;dnf repolist

It should read

release-updates-x86_64                               OpenMandriva 5.0 - x86_64 - Updates
release-x86_64                                       OpenMandriva 5.0 - x86_64

plus the unsupported, restricted and non-free ones. NOT the testing.

- Try nvidia driver install again.

IF for any reason it fails, need further investigation (instructions will follow if the case)

Postedit:
“instructions will follow if the case”

Or I can write it regardless, for the record:

when I use the openmandriva tool for nvidia

I’d assume you mean the Control Center, so

- open konsole, start OM Control Center
om-control-center

- Go to Hardware, select nvidia install module

- Once you get the visual failing message, copy the console (still open in the background) output, paste the full output in a .txt file and attach the file here.

I want to thank you for solving this issue, guys!

1 Like

there, I am on my 2nd disk, openmandriva no longer starts, I get stuck on: loading the initial memory disk.
nvidia.txt (4,0 Ko)

From the log looks like the installation suceeded:

Installé:
  lib64nvidia-egl-wayland1-1.1.13-1.x86_64           nvidia-545.29.06-1.x86_64                               
  nvidia-kmod-common-545.29.06-1.noarch              nvidia-kmod-desktop-545.29.06-1_6.6.2_1.x86_64          

Terminé !
Press enter to close konsole

However looks like it’s missing of the very first bits. I asked to please copy/paste ALL the output.
How did you get such log?

@deanoburn0 Welcome to OpenMandriva and our forum. This forum is for users of OpenMandriva Linux operating systems.

We are a small group. All the contributors and developers here are unpaid volunteers.

You are welcome to talk to our developers at OpenMandriva Chat.

The first thing when a new user has an issue is to look in the documentation for OMLx. OpenMandriva wiki and Forum Resources guide.

If you don’t find what you are looking for try an Internet search (googling). One can find out a lot from documentation or forum posts at other Linux distros. If user finds something written for another distro but you have some doubt ask at OpenMandriva Chat.

For serious technical issues and package/feature requests please file a bug report here.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.