Grub Customizer Proxy Issue

Hello,

• _OpenMandriva Lx version:_4, 4.1, 4.2

• Desktop environment (KDE, LXQT…): KDE

• Description of the issue (screenshots if relevant):
    Grub Customizer runs fine, but fails to save over a missing proxy issue
    I’ll attach screenshots later, am not booted to OMA right now.

• Relevant informations (hardware involved, software version, logs or output…):
    I’ve tried this on various computers. I currently have OMA installed on an HP Z400 Workstation and a System76 Kudu 3 laptop.

I guess I don’t have permission to upload my screenshot.

Now you do.

I don’t have any current knowledge about using proxies in Linux. I passed a question along to our developers on IRC. It appears that grub-customizer is not longer an active project upstream. That site shows most recent package is from Oct. 2018.

Currently the only GUI I am aware of for proxy settings on OM Lx is SystemSettings>Network>Settings>Proxy.

Other wise one can do an internet search and find “How To” articles on doing this from command line such as this and this.

Also for expert help consider asking on channel #openmandriva @ Freenode IRC. You can also access OM IRC channels by selecting the ‘Chat’ option on this page. OpenMandriva IRC is not instant communication unless you get lucky. Normally you post your question and when a developer has time they answer.

If I learn anything more that is useful I will post it here.

I hope you can find something. I have not had this issue in any Debian-based distro, but most non-Debian distros don’t even include it in the repo. I was excited when you did… but if it doesn’t save the file you create, it’s no good.