Dnfdragora does not log transactions (if run as user)

Hello,

• OpenMandriva Lx version:
    OM Lx 4.0 Post-edit: I’m reasonably sure this applies to Cooker, Rolling, and Rock/Stable currently.

• Desktop environment (KDE, LXQT…):
    Any.

• Description of the issue (screenshots if relevant):
    Open dnfdragora and install some package and the remove it then close dnfdragora. Now go find the log of those transactions. They are not logged in /var/log/dnf.log and I can not find a dnfdragora log anywhere.

• Relevant informations (hardware involved, software version, logs or output…):

dnfdragora will create logs only if users runs it as root. But that is not what most users will be doing. If they then run in to problems and there are no logs we will have difficulty helping them.

So I’m attempting to warn users that if you use dnfdragora and run in to problems there will be no log so we will be handicapped in being able to help you. In some cases we won’t be able to help you. To avoid this you will have to run dnfdragora as root.

Solution if the above is all correct is to require root password when user attempts to open dnfdragora.

Or better yet do your package management from command line which is also very easy. Then if you have a problem you have the information to copy and paste right in front of you plus it will all be in /var/log/dnf.log.

A 12 year old can learn to use dnf in 5 minutes. Once you have “dnf --help” and this link you are all set.