Dnfdragora and proxy

I’m using my notebook at work where I can connect to a network with proxy. I’m not able to find any setting regarding proxy in dnfdragora gui and proxy settings in systemsettings don’t affect dnfdragora.
Is there a way to install or update packages using a network with proxy?

It is interesting. I kindly ask developers in how to do this. However, as example, Synaptic Package Manager can config this simply by doing Settings > Network > enable proxy with username & password > OK. Thanks in advance. @rugyada @ben79 @TPG

If you want to ask developers it works much better/faster to go where developers are. Here or at #openmandriva (user channel), or #openmandriva-cooker (developer channel), the channels are @ Freenode IRC. If you ask at #openmandriva someone will respond when they are around and have time so you need to be patient. Developers are unpaid, part-time, volunteers as are all OM contributors.

The original post in this thread was June 5, 2019 and so far no devs have responded. That is why I keep encouraging users to go where the developers are with technical questions.

1 Like

While the specific details of how dnfdragora handles proxy settings may have evolved or changed, the fundamental issue of needing to install or update packages in a network environment with a proxy is still relevant. Therefore, it’s essential to explore current solutions that can address this problem.
In addition to software updates, you can explore alternative approaches like using residential proxies. These proxies are known for their reliability and compatibility with various applications. They can potentially provide a more seamless experience when dealing with proxy configurations.