$  sudo dnf --refresh upgrade
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/bin/dnf", line 57, in <module>
    from dnf.cli import main
  File "/usr/lib/python3.8/site-packages/dnf/__init__.py", line 30, in <module>
    import dnf.base
  File "/usr/lib/python3.8/site-packages/dnf/base.py", line 29, in <module>
    import libdnf.transaction
  File "/usr/lib64/python3.8/site-packages/libdnf/__init__.py", line 4, in <module>
    from . import conf
  File "/usr/lib64/python3.8/site-packages/libdnf/conf.py", line 13, in <module>
    from . import _conf
ImportError: /usr/lib64/libsolvext.so.1: undefined symbol: rpmdbFStat

How can repair it?

with regards
Ch. Hanisch

What version of OM Lx? What were you doing when or right before this happened?

This is just a guess but could you post output of:

$ ls /usr/lib64/libicu*

I am checking to see if it is this bug which is about incorrectly made symlinks. (That would also mean what is wrong is not dnf but something dnf depends on.)

Wait I just realized something your error message includes /usr/lib/python3.8/. I do not think any current version of OM Lx uses python3.8. OM Lx 4.2, Rolling, and Cooker all use python3.9. Anything older than that is EOL (End of Life). Developers declare things EOL meaning they won’t work on any longer.

This also would mean my guess in the post above is incorrect and not relevant to this situation.

Recommended at least to upgrade to OM Lx 4.2. Upgrading to OM Lx Rolling is better option for users that prefer more up to date software but are at least a small bit comfortable with command line. (OM Lx Rolling is currently also OM Lx 4.3 RC.)

Hello,

What version of OM Lx? What were you doing when or right before this happened?

Please show my Thread Fehler: Transaction test error
This was the actual OpenMANDRIVA Lx 4.1 bevore Update.

with regards
Ch. Hanisch

Hello,
I have OpenMANDRIVA Lx 4.1 with Desktops LXqt and Plasma.
When I trial an Update I have following Messages:
https://pastebin.ubuntu.com/p/NNd6VGp7qj/

How can I resolve this?

with regards
Ch. Hanisch

I moved that post here so all is in one thread.

That appears to be a long list of errors that include something similar to this:

Installation von plasma-workspace-5.20.5-1.x86_64 kollidiert mit der Datei aus dem Paket plasma-desktop-5.17.5-2.x86_64

Unless you tell us more that simply does not make any sense. It sort of looks like someone trying to upgrade from OM Lx 4.0 or 4.1 to 4.2. If so you don’t want to do that with sudo dnf --refresh upgrade, it will not work in that situation.

To tell us what version your system is right now run this and post the output here as code (</>):

$ cat /etc/release

Please also post output of this command here as code (</>):

$ dnf repolist

This will tell us what repositories you have enabled. And perhaps then we can start to get to what is wrong.

Hello,

$ cat /etc/release                                                                                   
OpenMandriva Lx release 4.1 (Mercury) for x86_64
$ dnf repolist
Paketquellen-ID                                      Paketquellen-Name:
rock-updates-x86_64                                  OpenMandriva Rock - x86_64 - Updates
rock-updates-x86_64-non-free                         OpenMandriva Rock - Non-free - x86_64 - Updates
rock-updates-x86_64-restricted                       OpenMandriva Rock - Restricted - x86_64 - Updates
rock-updates-x86_64-unsupported                      OpenMandriva Rock - Unsupported - x86_64 - Updates
rock-x86_64                                          OpenMandriva Rock - x86_64
rock-x86_64-non-free                                 OpenMandriva Rock - Non-free - x86_64
rock-x86_64-restricted                               OpenMandriva Rock - Restricted - x86_64
rock-x86_64-unsupported                              OpenMandriva Rock - Unsupported - x86_64
$ ls /usr/lib64/libicu*
/usr/lib64/libicudata.so.60  /usr/lib64/libicudata.so.65.1  /usr/lib64/libicui18n.so.65    /usr/lib64/libicuuc.so.64
/usr/lib64/libicudata.so.61  /usr/lib64/libicui18n.so.60    /usr/lib64/libicui18n.so.65.1  /usr/lib64/libicuuc.so.65
/usr/lib64/libicudata.so.62  /usr/lib64/libicui18n.so.61    /usr/lib64/libicuuc.so.60      /usr/lib64/libicuuc.so.65.1
/usr/lib64/libicudata.so.63  /usr/lib64/libicui18n.so.62    /usr/lib64/libicuuc.so.61
/usr/lib64/libicudata.so.64  /usr/lib64/libicui18n.so.63    /usr/lib64/libicuuc.so.62
/usr/lib64/libicudata.so.65  /usr/lib64/libicui18n.so.64    /usr/lib64/libicuuc.so.63

What can I do to upgrade from Lx 4.1 to Lx 4.2?

with regards
Ch. Hanisch

Hallo,
with following:

$ dnf clean all ; sudo dnf clean all
$ sudo dnf upgrade | tee /home/opa/upgrade.log

Last give again Ubuntu Pastebin

$ sudo dnf --allowerasing distro-sync | tee /home/opa/upgrade.log1
Fehler: Transaction test error:
  Datei /usr/lib64/libtracker-control-2.0.so.0 aus der Installation von lib64tracker2_2.0_0-2.3.6-1.x86_64 kollidiert mit der Datei aus dem Paket lib64tracker2.0_0-2.3.1-2.x86_64
  Datei /usr/lib64/libtracker-miner-2.0.so.0 aus der Installation von lib64tracker2_2.0_0-2.3.6-1.x86_64 kollidiert mit der Datei aus dem Paket lib64tracker2.0_0-2.3.1-2.x86_64
  Datei /usr/lib64/libtracker-sparql-2.0.so.0 aus der Installation von lib64tracker2_2.0_0-2.3.6-1.x86_64 kollidiert mit der Datei aus dem Paket lib64tracker2.0_0-2.3.1-2.x86_64

What can I do?

with regards
Ch. Hanisch

First there should not be anything wrong or different about your Lx 4.1 system. Second this should be not to difficult to get done. But I need to spend some time on research before we do more to be sure we get you the best system we can. (Lx 4.1 to 4.2 is a distribution upgrade not a system upgrade and there is a big difference as you can see.)

I have an appointment with the Dentist and don’t have much time at the moment. When I get back I’ll provide more details about what to do.

@Hanisch >>> The “How To” is here. Let me know if there any problems and we should be able to get them resolved.

Most of the text is explanation not tasks.

There are multiple steps and this is the most complicated or our distribution upgrades to date. So please read through the entire “How To” and be sure you are clear on every step before you begin.

Post-edit: It would be great to get some feed back on the “How To”. Is it clear and makes sense to other folks/users and so forth?

Hello,

With this “How To” was the Upgrade from OpenMandriva Lx 4.1 to Lx 4.2 successful.
But it was necessary
$ sudo dnf remove lib64tracker2.0_0-2.3.1-2.x86_64

before
$ dnf clean all ; sudo dnf clean all ; sudo dnf --allowerasing distro-sync

with regards
Ch. Hanisch

1 Like