Cooker category

Only you will have reply button, not other people.

I donā€™t know. I still think it better if I just stay away from the ML until or if it reverts to sanity.

Not a weird hack, itā€™s a built-in feature. Not perfect, but still it is though.

1 Like

Then someone #$%^&*up. Because it looks and feels like a weird hack. I think it makes OM look bad not good.

Honestly I donā€™t get the problemā€¦ who do you think will be annoyed? And by what?

1 Like

And most of all, why suddenly while itā€™s been so long time without problemsā€¦

1 Like

There have always been problems and people complaining this is not new. I certainly have been.

BUT. Yesterday my freedom to express myself was stepped on. That changed things about this issue for me. And it could not possibly have happened at a worse time. What happened yesterday impeded my ability to do the work needed to get release done it destroyed my concentration on what I needed to do for a period of time so Iā€™m more than upset now. This caused some planned testing to simply not get done.

Also currently I canā€™t use the ML even if I want to as the most recent posts yesterday did not go to the thread I sent them to. This was hugely important to me as the posts were about the frantic, time sensitive work we were doing to get release done. Anyway as matters stand I have zero confidence that what I send on that ML will go where I intend for it to.

Thatā€™s why.

So you say a message you sent to ML was not received by ML. Itā€™s more a matter of ML (or email server, or anything related to email transmission/reception) issue then, forum is passive on it. I can explore if there was an issue, but these are other softwares to check (postfix etc). Have you checked the ML archives?

1 Like

No, not what Iā€™m saying. The Cooker forum part did not go to the Cooker forum it went here. As I recall the e-mail part went where they should. It happened right in front of me while I was trying to do work and was majorly not OK. (My Cooker ML posts are all deleted now as Iā€™m in read only and respond elsewhere as far as that ML is concerned. Trust is broken.) Besides I can read the archives.

Worth noting: RE my comments in two most recent posts above. I donā€™t know who did any of this or if it was an anomaly. If someone did something I do not for one minute believe it was intentional in fact Iā€™m sure it wasnā€™t. But Iā€™m trying to get across how profoundly this affected me and how I see it.

Post-edit: The way this all happened right in front of my eyes has destroyed any trust in that mailing list functioning for me.

Maybe I did something that, as you say, broke your confidence (especially by splitting the OOT discussion to workshop category) despite I try my best to arrange, in this case all my apologize .

Maybe someone else can help me by giving me a way to solve the problem, if doable, because Iā€™m somewhat out of ideas on how to help :thinking:

1 Like

If you say a message was sent but not received by ml: please send me the source of the sent message that disappeared so i can see what happened in logs.

1 Like

Not sure what you are referring to, but I moved your post from here (I understood that it was not intended as reply here) to the cooker category, where it would belong to.
I have also noticed you of what I did.
Anyway mistakes happen, we are sure everything done with the best intentions :wink:

1 Like

Well since then no posts Iā€™ve made have gone to Cooker forum. But donā€™t get to excited about this since I wonā€™t be able to trust that ML until some time goes by and see something change.

Worth noting: This should have been mentioned to me immediately if it was I missed it.

No one seems willing at this time to look at an analyze if this was or was not a good idea or if it is something we should do another way. To me that is exactly what is needed but that seems to be a lonely opinion.

So for now the simplest solution is for me to do what I already am. I am still subscribed to Cooker ML but for me it has to be read only and respond somewhere else. The Cooker ML simply canā€™t be trusted.

As far as I can see your messages have been delivered to the ā€œtrueā€ mailing list, just like it should be.
(the forum is not the engine, itā€™s a mirror)
https://www.mail-archive.com/cooker@openmandriva.org/maillist.html
https://www.mail-archive.com/cooker@openmandriva.org/msg00128.html

1 Like

That is not the point. If my work is going to be displayed in the forum I want control over that. Anything else to me amounts to stealing my freedom, stealing my work. I canā€™t stand that. And now that Iā€™ve been stepped on I just wonā€™t play that game anymore.

1 Like

Ok.

1 Like

There probably is not any point in discussing this for a while as this has affected me to deeply psychologically and something this profound takes time to heal.

And I well understand that Yā€™all donā€™t get how much this has bothered me. Iā€™m not even sure if Iā€™ve gotten anyone to understand why it bothers me.

Done